Get a better price for sold goods?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Get a better price for sold goods?
Apprentice
Member # 6960
Profile #0
Is there any way in AV4 to get a better price for sold goods? I'm only at the Eastern Gallery, but so far every merchant who was willing to buy from me only gives about 25% of the actual value. Can I improve this, either by a quest or a location? There dont' seem to be any skills in the game that influence buying/selling...

--------------------
"The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood." - Otto Von Bismarck
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
Sadly, Barter is no longer a skill, and there's no way to get more money out of your items.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #2
Hint: when selling stackable items try to sell them in groups with a value that is a multiple of 4 to get the most money.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #3
Does that make the items worth more money?

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Shock Trooper
Member # 125
Profile #4
It will only prevent rounding from working against you, I think. The difference should be fairly small.

For example, if something's worth 5 coins, you can sell it for 1. If you sell 4 separately, you'll get 4 coins. However, if you sell 4 of them together, they'll be worth 20 coins, so you get 5 coins. I guess it could add up to something reasonable over time, but for me I think it's just too much of a hassle for the gain. Obsessive maximizers (not that it's bad to be one; I pick up goblets when I find them) may disagree.

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #5
Around midgame I don't pick anything up really. It's just trash any way. There are plenty of coins on the humanoid monsters.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #6
Yeah, money seems pretty plentiful to me. I was maxed out at 30000 for quite a while.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #7
Money is not plentiful if you try to get many skills trained by trainers or learn spells enough. By the end of my game I still had skills I wanted to learn from trainers and spells I wanted to improve.

As for the selling in groups of 4, there are some odd effects:
lamps have a value of 3, so 1 lamp gives 0 coins, 2 gives 1 coin, 3 gives 2 coins, and 4 gives 3 coins.

Food, and javelins have a value of 2, so selling 1 gives nothing, and if you sell an odd number you get just as much as if you sold all but 1.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s