Insane Powerful Necromancer

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Insane Powerful Necromancer
Apprentice
Member # 6867
Profile #0
I stumbled upon a Necromancer in a cave, I am not sure where it was so I will describe it. It is a hole in the ground that when entered, you are unable to exit. Well I wen't down there and there were tons of undead. So I maimed them. Then halfway through there was like a house. So I entered and a Necromance was standing there summoning a monster. Every turn it would say he was casting a spell. So I tried to kill him and he mangled my party. I looted the place by running through and during the time he was casting the spell I took everything and ran. But does he have anything on his person that I should go back and get?

--------------------
This is the most original signature ever...ok who am I kidding?
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #1
Is his name Hckris?

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Apprentice
Member # 6867
Profile #2
No.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #3
Can you get Shuan a screen shot?

[ Monday, March 13, 2006 17:00: Message edited by: Shuan Wuan ]

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Apprentice
Member # 6867
Profile #4
How do I do screenshots?

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
You are west of the river that borders the Eastern Gallery fighting Nodicaus. He is the hardest, nastiest fight in the over the first half of the game. If you kill him you get Mecuric Leather Armor and a Null Wand. His bedroom links to a room with a spellbook for Repel Spirit, Summon Shade, and Unshackle Mind. The Emerald Chestguard is in another room with a lot of nice treasure.

He requires some planning and teamwork. Always have a spellcaster hang back to heal the party. He can also charm party members so one with Unshackle Mind near the front helps. He can be taken out by wearing him down and getting rid of his demon buddy first. Have someone keep them bottled up in that room while your strongest and highest health fighter goes in to whack on him. You'll figure it out after a few tries.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
His name is (nitpick) Nociduas, and I had the best luck keeping two spellcasters outside the room and two fighters pounding on the mage and his demon pal. Keeping the two separated so Nociduas can't kill both with one spell also helps. Don't be afraid to slow both of them a lot. If Nociduas manages to get hasted and stay hasted you're in a lot of trouble.

In the end, the rewards for killing Nociduas aren't worth the fight. You're only doing it for bragging rights. Just make sure you don't forget to loot all the corpses lying around, because you'll pick up the Emerald Chestguard, an amazingly strong piece of armor that doesn't encumber you. It's just what your mages need!

—Alorael, who also wouldn't forget the necessary blessing, hasting, shielding, and so on that must precede every battle. Augmentation is practically essential if you don't want a spell to take out characters in one hit, and keeping your casters out of sight is the only way to keep them alive.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #7
As the others have said, you don't need to kill him to get the Emerald Chestguard... but it's fun to do it.

My technique, which is fairly reliable:

-Daze Nociduas before his turn in combat comes up.
-When he's dazed, he can't cast his spell, so he never finishes it.
-Once his turn passes, hit him with everything.
-Daze him again.
-Repeat.

(It helps to haste your mage for this part, and a second mage helps as well)

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Apprentice
Member # 6906
Profile Homepage #8
I suggest you try to get terror wands if your party is low-level like mine. i did it with just one wand and found the mob very hard to defeat. anyways, keep the mob distracted with daze+terror and smash that bastard!
:P

--------------------
gg
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #9
Was it my imagination or are Terror wands more effective against him if used by a Natural Mage trait character? Terror slows him to only one offensive attack per round.

Invulnerability potion helps for a short time to reduce damage, but don't use it before he completes his summoning.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #10
I managed to kill him before he summoned the demon (lots of haste/bless on my fighters with the mage and priest hanging back).

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #11
I'd advise using the blue pools of water, as one of them gives you some sort of protective spell. Also, you are strongly advised to use prismatic shield, and likely a mindshield scroll. Also, when I fought him he managed to charm 3 of my charcters with one attack, and the uncharmed one couldn't cast unshackle mind, though I managed to wait it out using a couple of invulnerability potions.

The emerald chestguard you get is an exceptional item, hampered only by its low stun resistance, which is why I'd suggest pairing it with that shield that gives +40% stun resistance, and use it on a mage since it has no penalty.

[ Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:19: Message edited by: Walter ]

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #12
Repetitive dazing is by far the best way to go. You don't get damaged at all. And it's not really cheating. It's...uhhh.....clever tactics.

[ Tuesday, March 14, 2006 15:31: Message edited by: Wonko The Sane ]

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Apprentice
Member # 6901
Profile #13
Is this in the demo?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #14
No.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 7107
Profile #15
Hey mighty adventurers!
quote:
Thuryl: The undead need love too.
The Necromancers need MORE! ^^

--------------------
Hey... I'm tired of being dazed! Look, get the Emerald F***ing Chestguard and get the heck out of here!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #16
Please don't revive dead topics if you have nothing else of major importance to add.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 7107
Profile #17
quote:
Please don't revive dead topics...
I'm sorry man...but, you know, I'm keen on revive dead things... ^^

--------------------
Hey... I'm tired of being dazed! Look, get the Emerald F***ing Chestguard and get the heck out of here!