DEMONSLAYER

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: DEMONSLAYER
Apprentice
Member # 6680
Profile #0
After a number of attempts through the Scree Caves "Holding Area" looking for the Demonslayer weapon I've been trounced enough by the endless golums to ask for assistance. Got so bad that I ALMOST considered using cheat codes!

Any hints on how to initially proceed or a sense of what objective(s) are important in this area would be appreciated. Please, just a hint or two; I really want to solve as much of the game on my own as possible. Thanks.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1115
Profile Homepage #1
There's some levers around the edges that will open up portculli which will let you get into the center area.

Incidentally, Acid Spray is your friend when dealing with golems. Low-cost, high-damage spells that deal acid damage (which almost nothing besides slimes resists) is handy.

--------------------
"Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent." -Porkypine
Derakon's Library
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #2
Be sure to turn off the endless-golem making machine to the SW. It requires some tool use. That will make your stay much easier. Then hit all the switches to the SE and NW. Go through the door to the SE, and you'll find what you're looking for.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6680
Profile #3
Thanks to you both. Shall give it a try.
BR
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #4
No Doubt. I left that stupid machine on. I didn't have enough tool use. But damn that was annoying. Actually the Demonslayer quest was the biggest challenge in the game. Well for my party it was, at that time.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Apprentice
Member # 6933
Profile Homepage #5
I found that tool-use 11 wasn't sufficient to turn off the golem machine. Unless you have skill points to burn, I recommend leaving the machine on. If you stay in combat mode continuously you'll be able to complete the quest before too many golems spawn.

quote:
Originally written by Schrodinger:

Be sure to turn off the endless-golem making machine to the SW. It requires some tool use. That will make your stay much easier. Then hit all the switches to the SE and NW. Go through the door to the SE, and you'll find what you're looking for.

Apprentice
Member # 6680
Profile #6
Thanks, Beegz; your tactics recommendation was helpful.
Apprentice
Member # 6216
Profile #7
Got rid of the golems, but what the heck is the magic password to give to the two monsters in the south? Do I have to talk to someone in the area to get the pass phrase, or do these two need a good smiting?
Apprentice
Member # 6680
Profile #8
Shine123: I just clobbered the c**p out of them. Tough but it works. BRAC
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #9
I think the password is nonexistent, like in Avernum 1 when you a ritual is mentioned to get past the fortress on the way to releasing Grah-Hoth.

Just make sure you have someone to unshackle the terrorized minds from the ferocius demon and watch for the magic barrier.

Trying this as a singleton, I got mental resistance at 66% and used mindshield scrolls. I still got terrorized a few times, but with invulnerability potions, and an armor potion, and lots of summoned shades to keep the demon busy I eventually won. Unfortuneately as a singleton you have to fight them one at a time and slowly wear them down past that nasty magic barrier that reduces damage.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Unfortuneately as a singleton you have to fight them one at a time and slowly wear them down past that nasty magic barrier that reduces damage.
Isn't that barrier only applied to one of them at a time, though? So as soon as one gets it you just start hacking at the other one.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot I was going back into old threads. Sorry.

[ Monday, April 03, 2006 09:54: Message edited by: SNM ]

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Apprentice
Member # 3664
Profile Homepage #11
Yeah exactly. That fight is actually pretty easy. Just another extended hack-hack fight, with occasional healing/unshackle minds.

--------------------
*Child of Feanor*
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #12
As a singleton you have trouble when you have to fight both at once. Switching off to go after the unprotected one means that the demon mostly holds back and terrorizes you while the golem attacks. You can do it with more mindshield scrolls and invulnerability potions than I had available. I needed to have shades between me and the demon so he wastes his terror on them. But then the golem whacks two shades a round and I have trouble fighting both and creating allies.
Apprentice
Member # 3371
Profile #13
I did not think that demonslayer was worth the trouble...

--------------------
Row!!!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #14
All it's really good for is to fulfill 2 quests. The Almaria one at least has a good reward. The gazer in the north part of the area has a better reward in the Gazer Sandals. Demonslayer wasn't any help versus the haakai since melee attacks slow the attacker.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #15
Why not? by that pont in the game you should have too many haste potions. Use them.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #16
Also the demonslayer gives defensive bonuses so you can keep it equipped while attacking such enemies with a bow.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #17
I'd rather use another sword that has better attack bonuses like Radiant Soulblade or Seeking Rapier. By the end game I boosted hardiness so I don't take much damage. That and a lot of invulnerability elixirs that were just piling up. In the end I was zapping everything with spells or bow since I was too far away for melee attacks. Demonslayer didn't seem as good as in the other games for damage even versus a demon.
Warrior
Member # 6094
Profile #18
If someone requires a super sword, made to order, let me know. I have several properties to add, although you may have only 3 properties apiece.

EDIT: I can also do bows.

[ Wednesday, April 05, 2006 18:34: Message edited by: Sahdrani ]

--------------------
Darkest Day
Brightest Night
May all fear
My unknown might

(deep voice) There are some things in this world that humanity was never meant to possess (/deep voice)