Trying to find dead necromancer whose name starts with H.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Trying to find dead necromancer whose name starts with H.
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #0
I don't mean the crazy guy north of Formello. I mean the quest from the Job Board in Fort Monastery- find the dead necromancer south of Fort M. and kill him again.

But I still haven't found him. Anyone know where I should look?

Also, is it possible to complete the rat tails quest for Captain Graham if you killed alot of the actual rats before getting the quest?

--------------------
Milla-Displacer Beastie

This is also a good site
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
I believe you mean Harko. He's in a locked crypt under the Goblin Lair (the one south of Fort Monastery).

Sadly, you can only start collecting rat tails after getting that quest. After all, why would you bother if you didn't have the quest?

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
It's still quite possible to complete the quest, though. Rats will reappear in storerooms periodically, so check them more than once. You'll get the tails you need eventually.

—Alorael, who got very bored of rat tail loops around Formello.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #3
@Ephesos- I have a habit from my Avernum/Exile days where I'd case the outside of the town and map the surrounding area before entering the town. I'm a fanatic for filling out the auto map.

It just doesn't feel right until it's whole.

--------------------
Milla-Displacer Beastie

This is also a good site
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
I know what you mean, and I have the same problem too. (Problem? Problem? What problem? I can stop any time I want to!)

I just meant: Why would anyone think to collect the tails from dead rats unless explicitly told to do so?

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #5
I meant I was killing anything that got in my way while I was mapping.

--------------------
Milla-Displacer Beastie

This is also a good site
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
It's funny that your adventurers don't stop collecting body parts until the quest is completed, even if the appropriate number has been reached. Why does my party need five mottled bat wings when Lark only wants three?

Dikiyoba.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
It's funny that your adventurers don't stop collecting body parts until the quest is completed, even if the appropriate number has been reached. Why does my party need five mottled bat wings when Lark only wants three?

Dikiyoba.
Obsessive-compulsive adventurers?
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #8
That's true. They run around picking up trash, plates, and other worthless objects just so they can dump them in one central location. But not nearly so obsessive-compulsive as my shapers, guardians, and agents. They arrange the worthless items so that there are ten of the same item in each pile and nineteen piles in a cleared section. At least my party in Avernum dumps all the worthless items outside where they are lost forever.

This is why it takes Dikiyoba two to four months to play through any game.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #9
My OCD isn't that bad yet. Some items like red lamps (value 3) and thread (value 5) will stack so like food does so you can maximize money when selling them. I just leave the rest for now.
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #10
Was it just me, or do you not actually need 10 rat tails for the quest? I took 8 to him and he ended the quest.
Oh, and for the question, Hrickis is in the very north-east of the cave.

[ Monday, March 06, 2006 07:00: Message edited by: AxB ]

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #11
The question had already been answered, and it was specifically mentioned that it wasn't Hrickis... just so you know.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #12
Actually he was underground one map square south of the goblin lair. As for the rats, there actually are fewer than 10 places where they can appear, so you have to visit them multiple times to get enough tails.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s