Avernum 4 For Macintosh v1.0.1 Upgraded Released

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum 4 For Macintosh v1.0.1 Upgraded Released
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #0
(I'm feeling lazy, so I'm just going to post the press release and go out to lunch. :-) )

For Immediate Release
(206) 789-4438

Spiderweb Software, the maker of fine fantasy role-playing adventures for the Macintosh, has just released the v1.0.1 upgrade for Avernum 4. This update features bug fixes and a variety of improved graphics. Upgrading is recommended.

Avernum 4 is an enormous fantasy role-playing adventure. Wander the strange, subterranean world of Avernum, full of multitudes of characters, hundreds of side quests, and traps, tricks, and treasure in every corner. Experience the life of an adventurer: the fame, the wealth, the hapless townsfolk begging you for help at every turn! This epic tale is guaranteed to give you weeks of entertainment, with an impossibly huge world that dares you to uncover all of its secrets. Previous experience with the Avernum games is in no way necessary to enjoy Avernum 4.

The full demo can be downloaded at

http://www.avernum.com/avernum4/index.html

There won't be a patch to update v1.0 to v1.0.1, as the changes were too extensive.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #1
Yes, finally I'm the first to respond to a topic started by J.V.!!!!

And, as a PC user, I have nothing to add.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Warrior
Member # 6632
Profile #2
quote:
The full demo can be downloaded at

http://www.avernum.com/avernum4/index.html

There won't be a patch to update v1.0 to v1.0.1, as the changes were too extensive.
LOL! In an age where most games are 1Gig+, this strikes me as totally hilarious. And yeah, I'm happy to find more fun in these games than most big ones.

If this was windows, i'd tell people to not delete that file you need to back up in order to keep your registration data, but I dunno how it works on the mac. If you bought and installed it from a Cd, can you still get 1.0.1?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
You still shouldn't delete the critical file. It's just a different file in a different place.

For those who really want to know and missed it in another recent topic, don't touch your preference files for Spiderweb games after you've registered.

—Alorael, who would like to know if the Spiderweb community is supposed to immediately release this. The next step in viral marketing is the informal press release?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #4
Very good. Too bad I bought A4 so early.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #5
Hey, cool, Jeff remembered to add me to the beta tester credits. Thanks for that. Jeff's a good man.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Warrior
Member # 3340
Profile #6
quote:
Spiderweb Software, the maker of fine fantasy role-playing adventures for the Macintosh, has just released the v1.0.1 upgrade for Avernum 4. This update features bug fixes and a variety of improved graphics. Upgrading is recommended.
So, your saying you don't make games for Windows now..... :D

James

--------------------
Sometimes I just don't know anything about everything -- or do I ?
Warrior
Member # 37
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by The Real Dragon King:

quote:
So, your saying you don't make games for Windows now..... :D

James

He has betrayed us! Quick, rouse the townspeople! Bring the torches!

--------------------
Pushing the hermaphroditism evolution agenda...one botched genetics experiment at a time.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #8
Anybody know if there's a difference between this and the beta version?

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Shock Trooper
Member # 125
Profile #9
I think the installers had the same creation date for me, which would mean that they are the same. Of course, I might be misremembering...

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #10
Well, if Jeff didn't have to port his games to that crummy no good Windows OS, he could churn out Mac games so much faster. Instead of working on AVIV for Windows, he could have already started on G4. So we have to wait for OUR games and it is all the Windows users fault. Because Jeff is porting Avernum over, we have to just keep waiting and waiting. Which sucks. And blows. Etc.

:eek: :D

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.