Cheeseball :(

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Cheeseball :(
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #0
Where is Cheeseball? If that old fool Solberg gets to live on, why doesn't his familiar. I kept thinking there would be some huge quest where your group would infiltrate a giant-rat castle to free Cheesball. Disappointing. :(

[ Tuesday, January 17, 2006 14:37: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Perhaps familiars can't extend their lives as well as wizards can. That might explain some of Solberg's bitterness.

—Alorael, who will pointedly ignore any questions about how Cheesball lived as long as he did without magical help.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #2
The "average" cat's lifespan is twenty years but some can live 30+ years, in addition to a few years gained by being an intelligent familiar. But if Cheeseball had lived through the original trilogy, it would already be old and wouldn't live the thirty or so years between A3 and A4.

Dikiyoba hopes that Alorael will not ignore this post, seeing as it is beneficial to his theory.

Edit: Sig change.

[ Tuesday, January 17, 2006 16:56: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Er, to be more precise: a typical lifespan for a domestic indoor cat is 15-20 years, although a rare few live as long as 30 years or more.

Cheeseball appears to be an indoor cat, so the distinction makes little difference in this case.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #4
How many feral and outdoor cats actually die of old age though? 20 is the noteworthy number though, just like 100 is for humans. Is it the real average? No? Is it the highest? No. But it sounds good.

At any rate, Cheeseball appears to have lived a long, glorious life, even if he was bored for most of it.

Edit: In support of the protest of the base 10 system, Dikiyoba is celebrating Dikiyoba's 191 post.

[ Tuesday, January 17, 2006 20:22: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #5
Still I can't imagine Solberg not getting another familiar.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
After most of a lifetime with Cheeseball? I can imagine it. He has both sentimental attachment and the strongest of motives not to have to suffer through another lifetime with another Cheesball.

—Alorael, who meant to say that his theory that familiars can't survive as long as their wizards had a hole in it because Cheeseball already has a vastly extended life from before A1 to A3. If he can live that long, why not for another bazillion years of pursuing mutant, magical catnip in the ruins of the ToM?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #7
Look here, if he is Solberg, one of the oldest and most powerful mages of Avernum, he could probably keep his damn cat alive. Even if it died one would thinkt hat he could have animated it.

Edit: But personally, I think Cheeseball was removed because Jeff didn't want to go through the pain of making a nice-looking graph in Poser.

[ Wednesday, January 18, 2006 02:42: Message edited by: Contra ]

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #8
That sucks. I'd rather have that little bit of humour back than some new claw-bug graphics which I believe are imminent.

----Notice I sayz Claw-bugs cuze how doze U spell the real name? Chrickats,Chrichacts,Crickets or sumthing?

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
Chitrach. Chitrachs.

Dikiyoba.
Shock Trooper
Member # 549
Profile #10
Maybe Cheeseball ran away, he always hated living like a domesticated cat.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #11
Maybe familiars just went out of style. There used to be lots of lizards with dog tags running around the caves.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00