6th Test

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: 6th Test
Warrior
Member # 4204
Profile #0
I just complteted the 6th testing station and recieved the Gauntlets of the Hammer, and I was wondering if any further tests are available. The shade made a garbled reference to the existance of an additional location, but didn't offer any specifics.

--------------------
What really went on there, we only have this excerpt...
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
I do not believe so.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #2
And on a related note...do you ever get to discuss the tests with somebody? They're supposed to have been set up by the Crown for adventurers to prove their worth, but King Starrus hasn't mentioned them as far as I've gotten.
Especially irritating since I originally thought I'd have to complete them before being entrusted with some task or something.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #3
Again, I do not believe so. The tests are there as an accessory.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 4204
Profile #4
I agree. I thought that they would certainly be tied in to some larger plot thread, or act as a prerequisite for embarking on some ridiculously difficult sidequest. The "We have been created to test the skills of adventurers" explanation strikes me as too flimsy to be credible.

--------------------
What really went on there, we only have this excerpt...
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
Yeah, I hoped that they would do something more, too. The mini-rewards along the way weren't satisfying enough.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #6
I guess another strike for Jeff, who could have evolved the game more.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #7
Just the fact that this is the third game in a row to have "tests" is a bad thing.

Dikiyoba finally writes Dikiyoba's first short post of the day.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Just the fact that this is the third game in a row to have "tests" is a bad thing.

Dikiyoba finally writes Dikiyoba's first short post of the day.

What were the tests in A3? I don't remember them.
Oh, and test of this nature are convenient. Due to implementation they aren't entirely believable this time, but simply making use of them is not necessarily a bad thing.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
I wasn't refering to A3. I was refering to G2 and G3. Then again, BoA might have come out between G2 and G3 (I have a poor memory. What was I saying?), so I might have been wrong anyway. But I realize now that there were tests in A2 too.

And there's nothing wrong with tests. They're just starting to feel overused without seeming like a realistic situation. I'd rather go out and have a good, solid quest directly related to the game. Why maintain testing arenas when its easier just to send adventurers out to beat up some bandits?

Dikiyoba.