GIFTS?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: GIFTS?
Warrior
Member # 4204
Profile #0
It has only occured to my now, as I approach the end of my first run through, that I haven't seen any GIFTS anywhere in Avernum 4. I can't imagine that they were somehow omited, but I thought my expIorations have been reasonably complete. I also seem to recall someone mentioned that they were present. Could someone tell me where they are?

[ Friday, January 13, 2006 20:26: Message edited by: Wotan ]

--------------------
What really went on there, we only have this excerpt...
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
East of Bargha, north of the giants. They're a little hard to find — in the second floor of a cave somewhere, I believe.

[ Friday, January 13, 2006 20:32: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
By the way, the "someone" who told you about them is Sage Eichler, who lives under the town of Spire and will pay you to report their location to him so he can experiment on them.

I'd have felt bad about completing that quest, but frankly, I suspect Eichler will come out of the encounter in worse shape than the spiders do.

[ Friday, January 13, 2006 20:41: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
Hm... even if I hadn't made Spire mad by killing Annatolia, I don't think I could have betrayed the GIFTS by subjecting them to that lunatic.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
He lives below Spire. He's not hostile when the town above is.

—Alorael, who didn't get the dialogue option to report the GIFTS and who wouldn't have anyway. Unlike some, he felt sorry for the poor lunatic. Nobody deserves what the GIFTS can do.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

Hm... even if I hadn't made Spire mad by killing Annatolia, I don't think I could have betrayed the GIFTS by subjecting them to that lunatic.
He's not a lunatic, he's just a dedicated fan of anatomy.

..."I'm not a warcriminal, I just really, really suport birthcontroll."

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
I think that the GIFTS are remarkably resistant to magical experimentation. Somehow they survived the School of Magery in Valley of the Dying Things without any harm.

A GIFTS (in a high-pitched, cute, squeaky voice): "Ooh! What's that?"
Sage Eichler: "It's a scapel. I'm going to cut you open."
A GIFTS: "Yaay! It should be fun! By the way, you're cute. Did you know you were cute?"
Another GIFTS (in a higher-pitched and squeakier voice): "Oh! Oh! Cut me open first. I think you're cuter than Spider does."
Sage Eichler: "What?"
A third GIFTS: "I need a mate. Will you be my mate, cute human? I have a juicy chitrach we can shrare."
Sage Eichler: "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!" (Sage Eichler runs off, driven crazy by the GIFTS)

Dikiyoba seems to be writting long posts today...