General Problems/Issues

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: General Problems/Issues
Apprentice
Member # 3741
Profile Homepage #0
1. Can't for the life of me figure out how to switch Character positions (ie move my Nephil up to top slot since it activates first in combat).

2. No more character editor (aka cheat creating section) like in Av1 - 3... what's up with that?

3. Everything is so Geneforge and so not Avernum gameplaywise, the only things that seem to remain is the turn sequence and the storyline. It doesn't feel like Avernum to me anymore (seeing as I own Av1, 2, 3 and BoA).

--------------------
"...Bahl'al spurred his army onward with a blistering wind. Three full days before his army arrived... the citizens of Tyr knew their doom lumbered nearer with each passing hour..."
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #1
For the first, there are two "change party order" buttons in the "Train" screen. Nonsensical perhaps, but the button is a bit of a misnomer now given the other things that go on there.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Apprentice
Member # 3741
Profile Homepage #2
TY didn't notice it there.

--------------------
"...Bahl'al spurred his army onward with a blistering wind. Three full days before his army arrived... the citizens of Tyr knew their doom lumbered nearer with each passing hour..."
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
As regards #2, although A4 has no character editor, it does have a Geneforge-style cheat menu.

(Yes, I agree that it's inferior to a character editor. It's still better than nothing.)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 3741
Profile Homepage #4
Where's the cheat editor located ?

Since haven't seen it...

Or does it appear after you register the game (just waiting on the email with the registeration code, since I only ordered it a few hours ago)...

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5665
Profile Homepage #5
I seem to remember the command was available prior to registering. You hit Shift-D and enter a command. The commands are listed in the hint book if you ordered it, if not I think theres a thread already with all of them (I don't have them at the moment).

In addition, you can use the editor created by Hawk King. Its pretty cool, and accessed right from the game. The link is at the top of the forum page.

--------------------
Signature v2.0
Now with more Retzin!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Horus:

1. The game sucks
FYT

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Akai Hoshi:

quote:
Originally written by Horus:

1. The game sucks
FYT

Where did you quote this from? Not this thread, obviously.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
TM likes putting words in others' mouths. Sometimes for clarity and sometimes just for effect.

—Alorael, who tried and rejected an altered idiom. Putting text in someone's fingers does not work.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #9
..And some people might find that offensive? Afterall, I don't think Horus has actually said that he thinks Avernum 4 sucks.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Contra:

..And some people might find that offensive? Afterall, I don't think Horus has actually said that he thinks Avernum 4 sucks.
Shockingly, some people don't seem to like TM very much. ;)

And getting vaguely back onto something that resembles the topic: It's really irritating that the pathfinding algorithm lets the PCs just cease movement if they run into somebody.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #11
Frustrating, but I can live with it. Having to enter fight-mode to kill a single gobil is worse. I prefered the old way, when you could fight outside fight-mode.

--------------------