Giscard

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Giscard
Apprentice
Member # 2115
Profile #0
I'm stuck on the sidequest involving the farmer Giscard, outside of Formello, and his Gremlin issue. I think I looted his house of wine and sold it earlier in the game before getting the sidequest, and now all I've got are three bottles of gremlin wine (two from the storeroom attic and one from the wine merchant east of formello). How many bottles of gremlin wine does it take to sedate the invader and where else is gremlin wine found?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
You can always just kill the gremlin instead. That's what I did.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 4448
Profile #2
It takes five bottles to get him to leave. As to the locations of these bottles, I admit defeat. I had been saving them for a while and didn't remember where any came from.

--------------------
Yeah, here's a sig. On to more posts...
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #3
I believe it only takes four bottles of wine to make the gremlin happy. You found the two in the storeroom, and the one sold by the wine seller east of Formello. There are two bottles upstairs in a locker in Giscard's house. There is one in the Gremlin Cave near Silvar. There is one in Hrosharr's bandit fortress in the SW Honeycomb. I think there is one other one in the E. Gallery somewhere...maybe in a bandit lair there.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
I want to say that there's a vintner somewhere around Formello... but I could easily be wrong. It was somewhere before the Tower of the Magi, and I could've sworn he sold a bottle or two of gremlin wine.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
There are more than enough bottles in the game. I raided Giscard's house and storerooms before realizing I needed that wine for a quest too. You don't even need to purchase wine to meet the quota.

—Alorael, who has to say that the wait wasn't worth it. You don't get any spectacular rewards from that surprisingly involved quest.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 2115
Profile #6
4 bottles. Thanks guys!
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #7
does anyone know what the (secret) repice for gremlin wine?
man, i love gremlins!

though i did hate the blades of avernum scenario valley of dying things
the tedious fire gremlins and gremlin lords etc etc etc etc

[ Sunday, January 01, 2006 15:05: Message edited by: arghhhhhhhhh ]

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
Posts: 193 | Registered: Wednesday, December 14 2005 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #8
What on earth are you talking about? You can't make gremlin wine... you're not a gremlin, and the only two gremlins in the game are rather disinclined to make more.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
Of course you can make a gremlin whine. Just punch it repeatedly, or twist its arm.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
Gremlin Wine:
2 parts mushroom merlot aged in cavewood
1 part gremlin, puréed.

—Alorael, who is always happy to oblige with recipes.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #11
I've been paying attention in my current game, and there is a lot of Gremlin Wine to be had, scattered throughout the land. I've probably seen at least ten bottles this game so far. Wine sellers often have a bottle or two. The guy west of Fort Samuels has some, for instance, and enemy lairs sometimes have one lying around.

Anyone should be able to come up with four bottles eventually even if they are starting with none when they get the Giscard quest.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt