Transfer of Registration and Savegames Mac->Windows

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Transfer of Registration and Savegames Mac->Windows
Apprentice
Member # 11834
Profile #0
Hi,

does anyone know if the following will work?

I have a Mac available now, but won't next year. If I start playing Avernum 5 now (and buy the registration code), can I transfer the registration and the saved games to the windows version (when it comes out)? Has anyone transferred savegames successfully for previous Avernums?

Thanks

--------------------
--
The Raman
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #1
You can get a key from us for the new version for free, but the saved games won't transfer.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
You can't transfer the registration code and saved games between different operating systems. You could email Jeff for a Windows registration code and explain when you purchased the Mac version and why you need it.

Or wait until the Windows version is out and order the CD-ROM with both versions on it so you can load the game to either type of computer.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #3
For the record, I can't even transfer registrations to new machines with the same operating system (my job requires me to get new hardware often). I'm thankful Jeff is so understanding with these things.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #4
Actually transferring between two computers with the same OS is quite easy. In Windows, just copy the whole game. In OS X, just copy the Preferences file in your user library.

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.