Exile series

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Exile series
Apprentice
Member # 6956
Profile #0
Played most games and wanted to download some old ones, but there are various warnings about old games not working on new computers. Have these problems been fixed and is it safe to play them
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #1
I don't entirely know, but I have heard of people who have.

If they don't work, try turning off the game's sound (not the computer's).

And I suggest that the game's speed be at medium or lower (not the highest setting).

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
It depends upon whether you have a Mac or Windows computer. Most of the Exile games are OS 9 for Mac computers except that Khoth has a carbonized OS X version for Blades of Exile so you have to play them in Classic mode or use an emulator like Basilisk. For Windows computers there shouldn't be as much of a problems if you have the games open with Windows XP mode.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

For Windows computers there shouldn't be as much of a problems if you have the games open with Windows XP mode.
I think you mean Windows 95 mode. :P

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #4
Or Windows 98.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #5
Exile runs fine under Windows XP. Under Vista, you must switch the compatability mode to Windows XP.

--------------------
"Blink and you're dead... Don't turn your back, don't look away and don't blink."

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #6
I had to set E1 to 95 when I was playing it in XP.

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #7
Must be system specific. E1 runs fine on both my XP machines.

--------------------
"Blink and you're dead... Don't turn your back, don't look away and don't blink."

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #8
Look the Windows versions I've run Exile games under were Windows 3.1 and XP so I haven't as much experience with them.

It really depends upon the machine in use.