CAN'T GET SPELLS IN AVERNUM 3

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: CAN'T GET SPELLS IN AVERNUM 3
Warrior
Member # 7980
Profile #0
I'm playing the Demo of Avernum 3, and my Mage spell skill is at Level 10, but when I bought Level 1 spells of Lighting Spray, Far Sight and Create Illusions, which only require Level 6 spell skill, they are not highlighted for use in the Info window or represented in the Cast Mage Spell window.

Is this because I'm using the demo, or some other problem?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
For a starting character you can't get those spells at the start of the game with having the require mage skill level. You can learn them from trainers and spell books later on in the game and they should be usable then.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #2
When you first create your character, you can only know the first 8 mage spells and first 9 priest spells.

If it's after party creation, make sure that you bought the spells for the right character.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
I think Diki probably has the problem right. When you buy spells, you're buying them for one character only. The default selection is the first character, who's usually a fighter. Check each character's spell list and make sure your first character doesn't have spells that some other character was supposed to get.

—Alorael, who can't think of any other good reason spells wouldn't work. Failure to buy them in the first place seems unlikely. You'd normally notice.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00