Saving Games

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Saving Games
Apprentice
Member # 7900
Profile #0
I have tried to install the various Geneforge games onto my computer using the CDs. The only problem is that I can't save without the computer "freezing". What should I do?
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #1
If it's a Mac, you haven't tried it already, and you're not too far in the game, I would recommend trashing the program, and then rebooting your computer while rebuilding the desktop. Then re-install the program. If you're using Windows, do whatever the hey the equivalent is on there. :) Making sure you don't have too many programs open or not enough disc space for a save file and that all the files for the game seem to be in order (read the docs) may help.

If the problem continues, post what the error message that pops up says (if there is one), and if we can't help (or there's not one), e-mail Jeff and tell him your CD is buggy. I think he's ok with replacing bad copies.

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
You can copy the save game files to a flash drive if you have progressed enough to want to keep them. Archive them if you have a lot. When you restore the game you can copy the files back and replace the blank ones.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #3
I had that issue as well, on an older G3 tower Mac. When I switched Geneforge to my laptop, it never ran into that issue again. I think it may have something to do with your computer.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.