Intel Mac: what about the save files?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Intel Mac: what about the save files?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #0
I just rtied a save file of any Avernum game, and it simply doesn't recognize them as save files. Even worse, my Intel mac doesn't recognize the cmg file of my scenario as a cmg file. The editor works perfectly, recognizes the .bas file, but all custom graphics are left out.

Anybody understand this?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Warrior
Member # 7223
Profile Homepage #1
Hasn't Jeff said that his games won't work on Intel Macs?

--------------------
Polaris

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
- H.P. Lovecraft
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
No, he said that his Classic games won't work on Intel Macs. If you use the OS X-native versions of the Avernums, they ought to work.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Email Jeff about it.

You haven't by any chance been running Windows on your Intel Mac, have you? Windows eats resource forks, and Jeff still uses resource forks for things like custom graphics because he's a freaking dinosaur.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #4
I'm going to install Windows XP today.

All Avernum games work briliantly and fast on my Intel Imac. That is, after I downloaded all Intel based versions of the games. However, together with a lot of files I already had on my old G3 Imac running Mac OS 9.2.2, the save files aren't recognized as save files.

I will email jeff. Thanks for trying to help.

EDIT: I just downloaded Resfool (Resedit doesn't work on Mac OS X) and it says that the cmg file doesn't have a resource fork, menaing that I'll have to remake it with the pics from Windows. At least one mystaery is solved now.

EDIT2: never mind. Also when I recreate the cmg file using Resfool the bloody editor doesn't recognzie the file. I'm getting frustarted indeed, because this would mean that i can't make any proper scenario on this machine!

[ Tuesday, July 04, 2006 00:24: Message edited by: Mc 'mini' Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #5
Well, if you install Windows, you can run BoA on Windows.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #6
I solved my scenario problem, and I think that if I do the same with the save files, they will work too. What I did (and I invented this in the middle of the night):

1) Compress all needed files with Stuffit Dropstuff;
2) Put them on my Intel mac;
3) Decompress the files

This way the cmg file is spared and everything still works.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!