BoE crashes/registry prob

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: BoE crashes/registry prob
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #0
I have two computers, a fairly advanced PC and a four-year old Apple Powerbook. In the past I have always registered Spidweb's games on the Mac because they came out sooner for it. However, that computer is getting fairly old and the keyboard is even missing a couple key caps. Also, it does not have easy internet access.

I would like to register BoE on my spanking new PC, but in the demo, although I can use the Scen. Editor fine on it, it crashes the computer when ever I try to make a party for Valley of Dying Things. I've tried re-downloading it. Doesn't work. Oh, and there are no tech problems on my Powerbook.

Does anybody know whether the crashes would go away if I registered on the PC, or should I just put up with my fuddy-duddy Mac?
:confused:

Thanks,

-Rosycat

--------------------
Aces off.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
Try redownloading it. If it still doesn't work, the registered version won't work either.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #2
I have run that demo on a Pentium I, a Pentium II and my current custom made AMD. With windows 95, 98 and 2000. It never crashed.
Should you use XP, that can be fairly unpredictable at times. I hear that there are patches for a better compatibility, especially with older games.

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #3
Well, thanks Drakey, ef. I think I'll just use the laptop. Your advice was appreciated.

--------------------
Aces off.
Shock Trooper
Member # 48
Profile #4
quote:
Originally posted by ef:
I have run that demo on a Pentium I, a Pentium II and my current custom made AMD. With windows 95, 98 and 2000. It never crashed.
Should you use XP, that can be fairly unpredictable at times. I hear that there are patches for a better compatibility, especially with older games.

I think Win XP users can set the compatibility options for BoE to running in "Windows Me" mode (since the games works fine on WinMe).

--------------------
"Father, forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing.-Luke 23:34