can I set the shorcut to run Av3 in a window?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: can I set the shorcut to run Av3 in a window?
Apprentice
Member # 2097
Profile #0
I would like to run Avernum 3 in a window and was curious if anyone knows the command prompts to place in the shorcut to do so.

thx
Ugly_Dog
BANNED
Member # 870
Profile Homepage #1
Wait a minute. What do you mean by a window?

--------------------
Siganture perishes.
Apprentice
Member # 2097
Profile #2
I want to run it in a window so I can minimize it. A window similar to a command prompt under the start menue.
BANNED
Member # 870
Profile Homepage #3
Hmmm...not that I can think of. You can always hit the key that brings up the menu bar while you are playing.

--------------------
Siganture perishes.
Apprentice
Member # 2097
Profile #4
In some titles/games you can put -w after the "c:\path\title.exe" -w and it will force the program to run in a window, but that might be a direct draw or open gl command and it doesnt apply to Av 3. I was fishin for other ideas. Thanks for your response though.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #5
I believe there is a preference where Avernum will not take up the full screen. Perhaps that would be better as opposed to toying with the command prompts.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
BANNED
Member # 870
Profile Homepage #6
That just makes it where there is a little box around the whole screen. It doesn't have minimize and maximize buttons, esc. and all that.

--------------------
Siganture perishes.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #7
However, it will allow you to load up other programs on top of Avernum 3 which you can shrink or minimize. Think of it as turning the game into a background for your desktop.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Shock Trooper
Member # 1973
Profile Homepage #8
You should still be able to minimize it by right-clicking on the task bar thing.
Shock Trooper
Member # 48
Profile #9
quote:
Originally posted by the eyeball kid:
You should still be able to minimize it by right-clicking on the task bar thing.
This doesn't apply to A3. However, you can try the following:

If your keyboard has a key that has the icon of Windows on it, hold that button down and then press D. Then, release both keys. Doing so should force A3 to minimize.

WARNING: If you restore another window or run another program, A3 will automatically be restored. (You can cover it with another program, though.)

--------------------
"Father, forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing.-Luke 23:34