Shaper Humanity

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Shaper Humanity
Warrior
Member # 7002
Profile #0
While I was looking around, I noticed several posts saying the shapers are either not human, or a different "type" of human. Is this correct? And if it is, is there is, where can you find evidence?

[ Saturday, April 15, 2006 17:41: Message edited by: Mr.Bookworm ]
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #1
As far as I know Shapers are just highly trained humans. It says you went though years of training, and that few people become Shapers. I'll fish around and see if I can find anything more solid than that, but at no times have I seen anything call the Shapers a unique species.

Edit: As far as where to find evidence the best place I can think to look is in the intro text, as was well as throughout the dialogue.

[ Saturday, April 15, 2006 17:49: Message edited by: Dolphin. ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #2
In G1, the Shapers and the Sholai are described as being of different ethnicities. In all three, Shapers and other humans who use too many canisters are described in various ways as lacking humanity or as less human.

Dikiyoba doesn't think that Shapers could maintain themselves as a distinct race, if only because there is no evidence of Shaper children, natural or shaped.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #3
The Shapers are usually referred to as a "sect," suggesting that they are human. However, using the term "humans" refers to outsiders -- non-Shapers -- only.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Warrior
Member # 4278
Profile Homepage #4
I agree that it doesn't seem reasonable that Shapers are a different race from outsider humans, but my only question is, why do agents then have green skin?

--------------------
Pathological Jerk
Jerking at Spiderweb since 1999
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by The Ripper:

I agree that it doesn't seem reasonable that Shapers are a different race from outsider humans, but my only question is, why do agents then have green skin?
WAG: the Agents all have a weird form of anemia that makes them green-skinned?

I seem to recall something like this in Shakespeare, but it's vague and I'm lazy.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #6
quote:

...why do agents then have green skin?
And why all Agents are womans? :D

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by MagmaDragoon:

quote:

...why do agents then have green skin?
And why all Agents are womans? :D

Because women are sneakier?

:D
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #8
Because it's easier to come up with female names for agents than to create a male agent graphic. :P

Dikiyoba has heard of anemia causing jaundice but not green skin.
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Because it's easier to come up with female names for agents than to create a male agent graphic. :P

Dikiyoba has heard of anemia causing jaundice but not green skin.

I just found this. I don't know how reliable it would be, but at least it's something.

[ Sunday, April 16, 2006 12:54: Message edited by: dareva ]
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #10
It sounds like alian

--------------------
This apple? no. That apple? no. What about that orange? no. "What DO YOU WANT!!!!" 'Wink' "I want the apple you are eating."
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #11
Well now we have to ask Esther about her menses.

Incidentally, I just tried to use Lankan's canister in Diki--I mean, Diwaniya's basement. And it hurt me, saying that "this was clearly not meant for Shaper use." So perhaps they are different.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #12
Originally by Nick Ringer:

quote:
Incidentally, I just tried to use Lankan's canister in Diki--I mean, Diwaniya's basement. And it hurt me, saying that "this was clearly not meant for Shaper use." So perhaps they are different.
I thought (though I may be wrong) that Lankan's canister was designed specifically to change him and no one else. So the genes the canister changes would be specific to him only.

Dikiyoba the dikiyora doesn't have any canisters in Dikiyoba's basement. Creations can't use canisters!
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #13
That canister is indeed meant for Lankan, and no one else. Though you are unable to use it yourself you might want to take it with you. Be careful not to let Lankan see you with it though, as he can be a bit canister happy.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00