A Simple Moral Question -GF2-

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A Simple Moral Question -GF2-
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #0
quote:
Originally written in Matt P guide:
Q: Can I join multiple sects?
A: I believe so. I've been able to go from Takers to Servants without any problem, so I believe you can do the same. I believe you could milk almost all of the sects of their good items if you don't complete their quests. Join the Awakened first, and get modified touse their potent magic, but don't do the Radiant college quest. Then join the Barzites, get all of their creations and canisters, and finish up as the Takers. Finally, try the unaligned route by killing everything that moves. You'll be quite powerful at the end of all of this.

Join multiple sects. I always like get a lot of power in the GF Series, but in GF2 is different. I have some kind of "moral code" that don't permit me to join multiple sects. Why? Is immoral! I mean, I would like get all the spells, creations and canisters doing what Matt say above or using the cheat "clearallsects", but I am not so... well, let's say "evil"; I think is immoral join the Servants, doing all Zackary commands and then be a traitor and join the Awanaked. And then be a traitor again! But I want more power that is possibile and do the mayor quantity of quests, without playing the game again. What do YOU think?

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
Dikiyoba just plays most the game unaligned and neutral. Then Dikiyoba joins one of the sects at the very end to gain access to a few more quests, items, and power.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Dikiyoba just plays most the game unaligned and neutral. Then Dikiyoba joins one of the sects at the very end to gain access to a few more quests, items, and power.
Dikiyoba is wise. ;)

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #3
Do you refrain from killing in games as well?

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #4
That would be me :D .

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #5
I played GF2 as a member of each sect, and then I went through and milked each sect for maximum advantage. The way I see it, unless you play as a completely loyal, non-canister-using character, you're already some kind of traitor/rebel, so why not go all the way?

[ Saturday, April 15, 2006 14:20: Message edited by: dareva ]
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #6
I don't really see any of the sects as having higher moral or ethical standards than the person that plays for all/none of the sects.

The Shapers keep sentient beings as slaves, and are greedy with their abilities. The Barzites are similar to the Shapers except for their unending lust of ultimate power. The Awakened, to me at least, are the closest to being decent creatures; though in a world as violent as the one Geneforge takes place in makes being that passive likely to get one killed. Also, Awakened had plenty of holding cells themselves.

The Takers seem to me to be a combination of the three groups. The have the Barzites desire for great power, the Awakened desire for freedom, and the Shaper's desire for control (Drakons and drayks as an example).

For the most part I'm unallied, and to stay that way you can't do any major harm to any group. After a certain point you have to start doing bigger quests for some of the sects, so you have to close the door to one or two of the others. In the end I end up wiping out all the sects, though often leave the Awakened unharmed (but not alleged).
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4278
Profile Homepage #7
It comes down to personal opinion I guess. If you get sucked into Awakened propoganda, which most people are inclined to do, then it seems like they are the "good guys". But personally, I try to stick loyal to the Shaper Council in my "regular" games. I guess they just breed loyalty into me (Alwan's talks also helped convince me). You are a shaper, the council gives you training, a job, power. Everything you are, you are because of them. And everything your creations are, they are because of you. As far as the treatment of your creations go, it is the way it is. Some creations are intelligent, but they are not natural, and they are not equal. If you disagree, then explain to me how a discipline wand works.

Glory to the Shaper Council, in all their wisdom!

--------------------
Pathological Jerk
Jerking at Spiderweb since 1999
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by The Ripper:

As far as the treatment of your creations go, it is the way it is. Some creations are intelligent, but they are not natural, and they are not equal.!
IMAGE(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/02/Dolly_the_sheep.jpg/180px-Dolly_the_sheep.jpg)
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
All creations are equal, but some creations are more equal than others. :P

Dikiyoba the dikiyora declares equality over all other creations, at least until run off by the delicious vlish.
BANNED
Member # 6432
Profile #10
I like awakened because they're kind to you and don't hate your guts (unlike the takers) and don't boss you around (unlike the loyalists and barzites) and have a disire to live peaceful lifes and be treated like equals.

--------------------
I hate you all