leaving items

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: leaving items
Warrior
Member # 4084
Profile #0
can I leave my stuff somewhere? I have too many items that I'll need later but they're weighing me down and taking space

--------------------
"Military justice is to justice what military music is to music" -G.M.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
Yes. Put them anywhere where you will remember where they are and where you can come back to easily. (In G1 and G2, this is any cleared section. In G3, it would probably be the docks.) However, each section can only hold about two hundred items.

Dikiyoba has never hit the 200 item limit. The game slows to a crawl if too many items are dropped all in one location. Thus, Dikiyoba keeps items in two or three sections. Dikiyoba is quite the packrat.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #2
I tend to pick a friendly city and store all of my junk there. If it accumulates, try dropping it in different piles (equippables, ingredients, quest items etc). If it's destined for another island (ie Dried Herbs) I drop it off at a dock. That way, next time on my way to its destination (ie Harmony Isle), I can drop it off. If you're playing either of the previous two games, use a city entrance.

I was not aware of the 200-item limit, nor has it affected me in any of the three Geneforge games.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #3
I suppose you're speaking about GF3... I suggest you to put items in chests (not on the ground, it's annoying), in places that are near the entrance of the area (for don't walk too long).

quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Dikiyoba has never hit the 200 item limit.
I did. :cool:

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #4
A warning about the item limit: once you hit it, your items will start disappearing. And I am pretty sure the limit is less than 200. In Gf3, I had a storage yard near Dhonal Keep and once I started making a third pile of items, I noticed that some things I've dropped in the first pile were gone. (By "pile" I mean standing at 1 place and dropping items until there is no more room.)

Maybe it was fourth, rather than 3rd pile. However, it was definitely less than 200 items, because I also had large storage piles in several other areas and I doubt I've accumulated that much loot during the course of half a game.

[ Tuesday, April 04, 2006 08:43: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
It's 200, at least in G1 and G2. I clear every item out of a zone. Then I put trash and other worthless items into 19 piles of 10 without a problem. That's 190 items.

So Dikiyoba gets really close to the limit all the time. But Dikiyoba never actually reaches it.

Edit: Typo.

[ Tuesday, April 04, 2006 10:12: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #6
Zeviz, you probably were putting your items in a zone already full of "decorative" items. That wouldn't be fun. Hey, where's my Emerald Chestguard? Replaced by a trowel. Oh, my.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #7
I assumed decorative items would be the first to disappear. I can double-check that save game this evening, if I still have it. It might even be that I really had 200 items stored there. (Although I don't think it could be that many.)

The main point of my post was to warn that if you aren't careful, items might start disappearning before you realize that you've dropped too many.

[ Tuesday, April 04, 2006 13:04: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

A warning about the item limit: once you hit it, your items will start disappearing. And I am pretty sure the limit is less than 200. In Gf3, I had a storage yard near Dhonal Keep and once I started making a third pile of items, I noticed that some things I've dropped in the first pile were gone. (By "pile" I mean standing at 1 place and dropping items until there is no more room.)

Maybe it was fourth, rather than 3rd pile. However, it was definitely less than 200 items, because I also had large storage piles in several other areas and I doubt I've accumulated that much loot during the course of half a game.

The items don't disappear, I put my equiments in your same place (Dhonal Storage). Just pull them out until the others reappears.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #9
I edited the scripts and i put at least 500 items there (how do i get so much?, 80% of them are junks) and it WORKED none of the items disappered

[ Sunday, April 16, 2006 19:41: Message edited by: felix ]

--------------------
This apple? no. That apple? no. What about that orange? no. "What DO YOU WANT!!!!" 'Wink' "I want the apple you are eating."
Apprentice
Member # 7101
Profile #10
Noddy only keeps...sorry. I mean I only keep what I can carry. :cool:
Warrior
Member # 7002
Profile #11
If you wish to learn how to speak in third-person, Noddy, I suggest speaking to Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Polaris
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Mr.Bookworm:

If you wish to learn how to speak in third-person, Noddy, I suggest speaking to Dikiyoba.
Quoted not for getting the wrong end of the stick, but for missing the stick altogether.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4