Dexterity vs. Missile Weapons

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Dexterity vs. Missile Weapons
Warrior
Member # 1177
Profile #0
I am playing as a shaper. I like to increase my "chance to hit". What do you think is more skill points-wise to spend, dexterity or missile weapons skill?

Both of them increases "hit chance" but I don't know how many percent. I can see that missile weapons increases 5% chance to hit, but how about dexterity?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Both are good for 5% per point, I think. On the other hand, dexterity also does other useful things like increasing your chance to dodge attacks.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 1177
Profile #2
So you mean, I should I should choose dexterity and forget about missile weapons skill?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Well, no, since Missile Weapons skill also increases the damage you do with missiles, which Dexterity doesn't do. Besides, if you're playing Geneforge 2 or 3, skill costs increase as you raise a skill, so it's even more important to build up your skills in a balanced way.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #4
No, forget about dexterity or missile weapon when playing a shaper. Use creations + blessing, healing and mind magic. Noting else.
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Well, no, since Missile Weapons skill also increases the damage you do with missiles, which Dexterity doesn't do. Besides, if you're playing Geneforge 2 or 3, skill costs increase as you raise a skill, so it's even more important to build up your skills in a balanced way.
Dexerity does increase missile damage.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #6
All depends of your playing-style. If you are a Shaper that send his creatures to combat and hide himself pimp the Dex: it helps to evade enemy's blows (+5% to hit, + Missiles damage too). Instead, if you combat with your creatures, choose missile weapons.

Remember that the Dex bonuses can be founded much easy than Missile Weapons bonuses.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by MagmaDragoon:

All depends of your playing-style. If you are a Shaper that send his creatures to combat and hide himself pimp the Dex: it helps to evade enemy's blows (+5% to hit, + Missiles damage too). Instead, if you combat with your creatures, choose missile weapons.

Remember that the Dex bonuses can be founded much easy than Missile Weapons bonuses.

The experince of fighting rats is no longer valid when fighting drakons and gazers. As a shaper, not only melee and missle stink, battle magic also sucks later in the game. As for chance to dodge, forget about it if you are playing on torment. The top monsters can always hit you even you put all your points into dex and luck.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
If he's asking for basic gameplay advice, I doubt he's playing on Torment. Just because a strategy doesn't work so well on Torment, doesn't mean it's useless -- if he wants to play as a Shaper with missile weapons, he can. Sometimes it's fun to play an unusual character.

[ Monday, January 30, 2006 15:06: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------