Omen Eye

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Omen Eye
Apprentice
Member # 5667
Profile #0
So I'm stuck in Maker's End trying to get past the gazer. I'm an agent specializing in mental magic, which works remarkably well. At the first sign of trouble I Daze everyone in sight and then let my Cryoas pick enemies off one by one. Anyway, none of my mental tricks will work on the eye, is there a way to get past him without defeating him?

--------------------
Whatever happens, happens.
Apprentice
Member # 416
Profile #1
After the room with like 10 Pylons, there is that room with the four pylons, where Omen Eye comes out to greet you. In the upper right corner of that room there is a pathway to a control panel. This control panel will turn on those four Pylons. Use this to help you kill him.

Be warned though, that on Torment, with Alwan, 2 Level 25 Battle Alphas, and a Searing Artilla, it still took multiple trys as the pylons did not do much damage to him.

In this game, it seems like I hit Gull Island and the difficulty level skyrocketed. Pylons really kick my butt, and I can only make it past one with some difficulty. Between Omen Eye's Hypnotizing me followed by attacks on my charmed character by the pylons. It was a hard battle.

Aren't shapers supposed to be immune to Terror? Alwan likes to call himself that, but when it comes down to it he is the first in my party to get hit by mind-affecting spells (even with more points in intellegence than he by all rights needs).

--------------------
--
KMannKoopa

"You're so much like me, I'm sorry"
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #2
I mentioned that to Jeff in beta-testing, but I guess he didn't fix it.

The gap in difficulty level between Dhonal and Gull is staggering, but beating up on serviles is an easy way to raise your level.

Have you tried using Mass Energize and shielding spores/spells?

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5667
Profile #3
Yes, the pylons do help. Although I did have to augment and essence shield every one of my creations beforehand. Then with everyone energized and shielded (including the pylons) it still took a few tries to get the bugger. Also, the "Mental Barrier" spell is invaluable.

--------------------
Whatever happens, happens.
Apprentice
Member # 4094
Profile #4
My character can't seem to figure out how to work the pylon control panel in Omen Eye's area. Do I need a certian mech level to beat Omen Eye?

--------------------
Beware the canisters!!!
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by KMannKoopa:

Aren't shapers supposed to be immune to Terror? Alwan likes to call himself that, but when it comes down to it he is the first in my party to get hit by mind-affecting spells (even with more points in intellegence than he by all rights needs).
Very good point. Alwan even got more training than you, and should thus have this extra help.

Another thing that does not add up, I guess.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Warrior
Member # 5731
Profile #6
I'm actually about to head in there right now w/ a solo agent on torment. I think this may be the toughest battle I'll have for a bit. As I remeber it, the Eye shrugs off most magic. I always had to beat it before by sticking my sword in his eye -- repeatedly.
(along with plenty of healing in between)
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #7
Hmmm; I never really noticed this big jump in difficulty on Gull. A jump, yes, but just enough to be interesting. From the landing on, it was clear that the stakes would be higher; but I was ready.

But I was hitting Gull at level 30 as a lone Agent or a melee Guardian with Alwan, and I wasn't too far behind that as a Shaper with a pair of good Glaahks and four Vlish. A pair of Battle Alphas and a Searing Artila really does not sound like much of a crew for Gull, to me. I can well believe Omen Eye was tough!

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00