shaper/rebel - what's more fun?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: shaper/rebel - what's more fun?
Apprentice
Member # 6216
Profile #0
Hi
Well, I annoyed whatsisname who left me because I ticked off his Shaper buddies.
I'm not particularly attached to the rebels, either, and I regret giving the canister to the rebels on Harmony, but I'd like to keep Greata, mainly because I like the idea of having a sentient being hanging around. Vlish aren't much for conversation.

Anyway, obviously I've strayed into pro-rebel alignment. My question is, which side is "more fun" to play, in terms of interesting puzzles and fun battles? Does it matter?
I'd hate to miss something interesting simply because I'm on the opposite side.

I guess I could use a cheatcode to get back to pro-shaper, but then Greta would probably stomp off in a fit, or something like that.

I don't know if I'd be interested in starting over and playing the whole game on the other side of things.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #1
Just save this game as "REBEL", and save a copy as "SHAPER".

For the Shaper one just use the cheat and pick up Alwan again. Greta will probably have a strop, but hey...

And that way you can play the game from different sides, starting from where you are now.

- Archmagus Micael

It's jsut an idea...

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Warrior
Member # 6222
Profile #2
as far as i can tell, shaper seems to have more advantages (that is, there's only been one really strongly pro-rebel town that i have seen... the quests change a little bit, but mostly i think it's about the same.

in any event, rebels get to go to an area that shapers do not, so if that interests you, then i guess you want to be pro-rebel anyways.

in any event, it doesn't really matter IMO. both sides are nothing but a bunch of idiots anyways (no really... the rebels may be in favor of rights for creations, but they are also big on releasing large numbers of rogue creations into areas largely full of civilians, and really don't actually care IMO so much as they just want power), so it's no big difference anyways.

[ Wednesday, September 21, 2005 18:54: Message edited by: Jaid ] spelling errors... [/edit]

[ Wednesday, September 21, 2005 18:54: Message edited by: Jaid ]
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #3
The last island is really lame if you're a rebel, but on the other hand there's something that will always be a mystery if you're a shaper.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #4
I feel you get most out of G3 by thinking your way around to the view that there is a lot of merit, as well as a lot of difficulty, in both Rebel and Shaper ideologies; and that there really is no tenable middle ground, at least not in the short term. Whichever side you're on, you're serving something monstrous in the short term, in the hope that things may get better in the long term. The differences between the sides do matter, at least to me, but which one you prefer really depends on how you feel about various features of the shaper world, as well as on how you expect things to go in the future. I can see it both ways, so I like G3 a lot.

To get this double vision it helps to play both sides, and if you can get into the stories, this evens out the relative enjoyment.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #5
I never tried going to this 'secret place' as a loyalist. Will it not let you in? Can you return there after you leave as a rebel?

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #6
It won't let you in as a loyalist. Once you leave it as a rebel you can return.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Warrior
Member # 6222
Profile #7
chances are you did try to get there actually. do you remember ever travelling around and getting a message that said "you feel compelled to not go near that door over there" (ummm... that's very, very loosely paraphrased of course). as i understand it, that's the place...