Just curious

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Just curious
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #0
To be honest, and rather arrogant, I consider myself a Geneforge veteran. I've played through all 3 Geneforge's about a thousand time. During this time, I have found the Shaper to be the best character.
Especially the 'sacrificial' Shaper, who does everything for his creations. Invest in intelligence, shaping, blessing and healing, NOTHING else. This includes battle/blessing magick.

My 'sacrificial' Shaper model often involves wearing items such as the 'Sharing belt' (-2 DEX, +2 DEX and STR), and 'the Transference Robe') (-2 DEX/-2 STR/-2 END, +2 STR/DEX/END to creations)

I never travel heavy (I can't, otherwise I am encumbered and can't heal/bless creations). I sacrifice heavy armour so that I can stay in the action by healing/blessing.

Does anyone else here use items which are detrimental to their Shaper, but give their creations an appreciable boost? Just curious...

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #1
I only use item like the Transference Robe when the creation is first formed, as it gives the creation a bit of an advantage when it's stats are very low. I always carry better equipment just incase the creation is killed, and once the creation has gained some skill points I go back to my regular equipment.

[ Saturday, August 20, 2005 07:04: Message edited by: Zaiu ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #2
Once you take off your creation stat boosting equipment, your creation looses those stats!

BTW, I noticed that Alwan counts as a Creation! HMMM...

And does anyone here know how much damage reduction a piece of armour with 12% armour has?

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by Waylander:

Once you take off your creation stat boosting equipment, your creation looses those stats!

BTW, I noticed that Alwan counts as a Creation! HMMM...

And does anyone here know how much damage reduction a piece of armour with 12% armour has?

I don't want to sound arrogant or mean but you call yourself a Geneforge veteran, yet you recently found out that Alwan counts as a creation??? :rolleyes:
um, not good ;)
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #4
quote:

I don't want to sound arrogant or mean but you call yourself a Geneforge veteran, yet you recently found out that Alwan counts as a creation???

LOL. Well, it doesn't make sense. You didn't create Alwan, so why should be considered as your creation?

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #5
um, because of the same reason as why every person that joins you count as your creation???
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #6
quote:

um, because of the same reason as why every person that joins you count as your creation???

I never used pick-up creations in GF 2. My own creations were far more efficient.

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #7
I complained during beta-testing that Greta and Alwan counted as creations and could be Dazed/Terrified (which shapers are supposed to be immune to), but it wasn't changed.

I believe that each % of armor counts as one point.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5931
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

I complained during beta-testing that Greta and Alwan counted as creations and could be Dazed/Terrified (which shapers are supposed to be immune to), but it wasn't changed.

It didn't make sense to me either that Greta and Alwan were susceptible (sp?) to mind effects since they were shapers. Well, maybe Greta since she left the school. We could presume that she hadn't reached that part of the training. ;)

Edit: So far, I have made it through most of the game without any selfmade creations. I prefer to use my essence for healing and curing effects.
But Mr. Gungho Shaper Alwan should have been immune. I can deal with them being terrified, but it sucks when they are turned rogue and you have to battle them as well as the real rogues. SHEESH!! :eek:

Other than that, my biggest beef with Alwan and Greta is they are incapable of helping me tote all those items I am sure will be useful sometime. :P

[ Sunday, August 21, 2005 06:18: Message edited by: NanaBanana ]
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Waylander:

quote:

I never used pick-up creations in GF 2. My own creations were far more efficient.

Well my friend you are not a true Geneforge veteran unless you've played the game in every different way, and that of course includes picking up creations. Now I rest my case.

Ps.lol, sorry if I'm getting on your nerves.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #10
When I saw the screenshots for GF3 with Alwan and Greta I thought that we would be able to make a group like in Exile/Avernum. I don't mind the way Alwan/Greta are trained, or that they are fairly limited in methods of attack, but it would be nice if they could carry things. Even if they were unable to use the items in their inventory it would very useful to have them haul things for me.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6161
Profile #11
I noticed the rogues usually attack the creation that deals the most damage on them, but they must witness it. If they just rush into your horde blindly, they will aim at your shaper. I always play the sacrificial shaper, and it feels funny having to impress the enemy before showing myself up.

The transference robe is the best I can find but I replaced the sharing belt after I got creator's belt. It's comical that Alwan's stats are boosted too; I can't complain though, it does make the game easier.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
Maybe Alwan's really a highly advanced golem. He sure acts like one.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 6222
Profile #13
i like the sword (although i sadly have gotten rid of it in favor of the living dagger or knife or whatever it is), not so much the belt (although that may just be because i have now seen the wonders of the creator's belt).

as far as the robe goes... i might have done it, but i do try to make my character at least tough, so that he can at least take a couple of hits instead of dying just because an enemy (of the non-gazer variety) happens to look at him. so the robe i think i sold. besides, i have other things draining my endurance, i really feel like i need the +2 from the symbiotic cloak (plus the cloak is much cooler looking).

but yeah, for a while i was using the belt and the sword... still would be using the sword, if it wasn't for my foolishness in selling it...