What items to keep?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: What items to keep?
Apprentice
Member # 6149
Profile #0
In previous geneforge games, you could turn-in certain items for XP and cash. Iron bars, for example, in the first town in G2.

So what should I keep and what should I sell in G3? I've been lugging around iron bars, crystals of all types, shaper equipment, shaper records, some different herbs, etc. Is any of this needed later? Or can I sell some of it?

Thanks for the help.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #1
I heard that you only need herbs, shaper notes and shaper tools for various quests.

The rest of items might be useful for some recipies, but most of them can be safely sold. (And things like iron bars and flawed crystals can always be sold.)

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #2
Herbs (Harmony Isle, East Docks)
Notes ( Dhonald's, Rebel-friendly only. South-East docks.)
Shaper Equipment (Gull Island, Stonespire)

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #3
For the weight of items like flawed crystals and iron bars versus the value of them, they really aren't worth carrying around. It doesn't take many of them to become encumbered. I find some of the best items to keep for the purpose of selling are gems, thorns (all types), even pods are good too. Items that are only 0.1 pounds are easy to accumulate without the encumbrance.

Unfortunately, about the only things worth buying in the game are living tools and ability upgrades. There really isn't a need to buy armor, pods (maybe buy a curing pod or two), weapons, batons, etc. You find equally (or better) valuable items in random encounters than what you'd find in the stores.

It seems the only rich people in the GF game are the trainers...
Warrior
Member # 5731
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Contra:

Notes ( Dhonald's, Rebel-friendly only. South-East docks.)
Actually, you can turn in your notes to the shaper in Lord Rahul's place -- the one who'll takes any shaper items that you find that she thinks shouldn't fall into the wrong hands. You get the same xp and coin for them as you do at the docks (I think).
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #5
Yes, the experience and gold are the same whether you give notes to rebel sympathizer in Fort Wilton or shaper in Inner Keep.

Collecting Iron Bars for sale is best done after the area is cleared. (Kill all enemies, sweep the area for loot, go to the next area, drop loot, repeat.) Iron Bars are among best things to collect for sale, because no matter how many you take, they only use 1 inventory slot.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Apprentice
Member # 6149
Profile #6
Thanks for the advice guys! I don't worry about encumberance, I pick up all sellable items as I find them and dump them in piles if I get encumbered. Then when I'm done clearing an area I gather up my piles and sell it off.

I know there's no need to buy weapons/armor...heck, being an Agent I don't use my melee weapon at all and try my best not to get hit anyways. But I would like to gather cash to pay for training.