Geneforge 3 Tips?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Geneforge 3 Tips?
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #0
I downloaded GF3 about five minutes ago. Any tips I should know about for the game, without spoiling it?

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Apprentice
Member # 6163
Profile #1
use too many canisters will make youself out of control sometimes and directly fall into battle instead of talking with people whom you don't like.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #2
For an easier gameplay, focus your skillpoints on the area where your character type is Strong. Don't go out on your line to buy up shaping skills if your an Agent, for example.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #3
The main warning is that there are only 2 sides now. So don't give pro-servile opinions unless you are certain you'll be joining Latalia.

Other than that, the game plays the same way as previous Geneforges, so any strategies you had before still apply.

PS Don't forget to pick up Alvan and Greta. Their stats can be improved with their skill points alone, without spending your essense, so they are very useful unless you are playing solo. (However, be aware that they have opposite phylosophies and don't get along with each other very well.)

[ Sunday, July 31, 2005 15:32: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Apprentice
Member # 5931
Profile #4
You can go "middle of the road" to an extent without totally alienating either side in the beginning.

If you become encumbered and need to drop some items, I strongly recommend keeping a journal of where you dropped them. Later, you can move them to a more convenient location to sort through.

(wanders out of the post trying to remember where she left that perfect crystal? :confused: )
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

PS Don't forget to pick up Alvan and Greta.
Its Alwan, isn't it? The trainee guardian? I've got him. Thanks for the tips though, I'll keep them in mind.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #6
The way I pronounce him, it sounds Alvan. :)

And a couple more suggestions: if you are playing as Guardian, be aware that Parry isn't nearly as strong as it used to be. It's still pretty good, but you can't build your character around that single skill.

Also, there are some areas to which you'll have to come back later, when you are stronger. For example, advanced tests in the training center are far too tough for you when you just pass basic tests.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #7
This post contains some minor spoilers...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
As the FAQ states, give Pro-Shaper opinions early in the game. That way you can get lots training early on, like from Diwanyia. You can still do rebellious things though (like handing over the book to Scintle(?) and helping Lankan and the rebels on Harmony Isle).

In order to make the strongest creations, you will need to use the cannisters, and keep Kyrhyk and the Drakon in the Breeding Pit alive (his name eludes me). At least until you have been trained by them... That way you can get three pints in Gazer and Rotghroth. You cannot make an Ur-Drakon (which makes sense, since it requires a Geneforge).

Oh, and there is a new ability to create items with an enchanted anvil. Read the FAQ for recipes.

[ Monday, August 01, 2005 07:32: Message edited by: SupaNik ]

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #8
Also keep in mind that alwan will eventually leave you if you play as a rebel, and greta will eventually leave you if you play as loyal (you can only keep them through the end of dhonal's island, but if you either help or kill the rebels on harmony island one of them will leave you at the end of harmony island).

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s