Before heading to Gull Island...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Before heading to Gull Island...
Apprentice
Member # 5931
Profile #0
I have one more thing to do before I head to Gull Island (again). I had to restart after losing my hard drive and video card. :mad:

I only have Krya's Refuge to complete on the first 3 islands and want to finish that before I head out while I still have Greta *AND* Alwan.

But my real question is, what is the best armor, cloak, weapon etc. to have before heading over. I have 3 rather messy piles of stuff, jewelry, enhancements and armor/weapons in Dhonal's Keep. My favorite enhancement so far is the acid infusion but don't think it will do much for the oozing blade. On my last trip to GI, I didn't get too far without losing Alwan then got killed myself. So apparently I didn't have good enough "clothes". Any help without too many spoilers would be greatly appreciated.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #1
You should be able to create several artifacts before going over. Read the FAQ for more details... These are what you should be wearing.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #2
Doesn't one of the item enhancements drain hp from your enemy? I haven't played as mellee but I think that is considered the way to go. Also, there is no real consensus on what the best equipment is at any given point as it in part depends on what character you are using and what skills you are depending on. Just look at the stats on all the equipment you can find to decide what to wear, and if you are having trouble no matter what you wear you may have made poor choices in stat placement perhaps or are using poor strategies.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
while I still have Greta *AND* Alwan.
You could give this script a chance ;)

--------------------
[My homepage] - [The Reasoned Character Editor] - [NOSE(Gf3 version)] - [NOSE(Gf2 version)]
Apprentice
Member # 5931
Profile #4
Thanks for the replies. I made it past Gull Island but think I must have missed some recipes for enhancements somewhere. :(

SupaNik.. that really didn't say what the best armor is.. but no matter, I am on to Spears now. :D

Walter... I don't know about the enhancements. I know there is the rotting flesh thing in the oozing blade. I am on Spears now and think fire enhancements would be beneficial. :)

Indeterminatus...Since you strongly advise against rescripting, I think I'll pass. ;) I'm not a big one for cheats or rescripting anyway.

[ Sunday, July 31, 2005 16:01: Message edited by: NanaBanana ]
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #5
That rotting touch ability on the oozing blade means it will do acid instead of physical damage and slows the target. I checked and a reviving crystal (I think it has the same graphic as a tiny orb of mist) makes a weapon drain hp when you hit, and making your attacks heal yourself seems somewhat more useful than a slight damage increase like most enhancements give. (you can also add slow, curse, or slight accuracy bonus). As for armor enhancements, the best choice is golden crystals for 5% resistance to all effects except physical damage (they are rare but there are just about enough to enchant a full set of armor in the game). Other than that you could add steel spines to damage attackers, or blessing crystals for armor. Other armor enhancements are either of marginal benefit or only useful against a fraction of enemies (ones that use a certain damage type), and otherwise useless.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s