Kyra's Refuge

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Kyra's Refuge
Apprentice
Member # 3493
Profile #0
ok so i've made it past the ghosts...but how do you beat Kyra? he keeps on using a spell of some sort that blasts my entire group with 101 cold damage (which kills my enitre group including myself) :mad: . How do you beat him? :confused:
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #1
Here is how I did it:

1. Make as many Thahds as you have space for.

2. Use Speed Spores, Bless group, etc.

3. Send one of your Thahds towards him, while the rest of your group stands back and hits him with ranged attacks.

4. Repeat step 3 until you run out of thahds.

5. Close in for the kill and hope that you can finish him this round.

Or you could simply come back later, when you are stronger.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Apprentice
Member # 3493
Profile #2
ok thanks...
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #3
Remember, unless its an aura of flames attack when an enemy casts a multi target spell it only hits those near the main target, just like when you cast essence orbs.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #4
Bless yourself and speed yourself. Hit him hard and run back. You should often hit enough for him to be stunned, and thus not come within rage with his attack.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Apprentice
Member # 3851
Profile #5
Which character are you playing?

There are some good suggestions here by the posters -- particularly if you are an agent or shaper (sounds like you might be a shaper?).

I've tried two different ones. With my guardian had the oddest experience. First, Greta tried to kill me before even going in the basement (guardian had so-so pro-shaper views -- not good enough to get training with Vandarin and had killed no unnecessary people or serviles). I think that's the earliest dumping by Greta I've heard of on these boards.

Then downstairs with the ghosts... my word, I was shocked that my fyora, vlish and Alwan all fell under ghosts' spells. It was they who killed me every time. Didn't have spell energy/ability to counteract it. What to do? Wait until stronger, methinks.

Sometimes that's the best tactic.

My agent with Greta had a tough go of it, but my spells eventually overpowered them. The ghosts were worse than Krya for me.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #6
Well if your creations are getting charmed or hit with fear don't forget the mental barrier spell. And alwan and greta leaving has nothing to do with what views you tell people you have, but certain specific actions will make them leave you at the docks area. On harmony alwan leaves if you help the rebels, and greta leaves if you killed lankan.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #7
Thus you can still help the Shapers and keep Greta on to Dhonald's, because noone really wants you to kill Lankan.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Apprentice
Member # 3851
Profile #8
Walter, I posted this in another thread, so I'll try to be brief (so as not to spam!), but I discovered that Greta didn't dump me at all. I never boosted her intelligence beyond the initial two points. Ditto for the creations. I went back to guardian game and fetched Greta back with no problem.

I play agent so much better. :-/
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #9
Spoiler

You aren't really doing anyone a favor by not killing lankan if you plan on being loyal, as in the loyalist ending it says the rebels there are mostly slain anyway.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 182
Profile #10
Thahd shades are practically immune to Kyra's cold spell. As a shaper I sent 2 of them along the corridor to keep him blocked in then used my ranged attack and Greta's. Took a while but I managed it the first time I used that strategy.

--------------------
All things are possible, except skiing through a revolving door.