essence help

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: essence help
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #25
Experiences from beta-testing the three of them:

GF1 started out okay, but I really wanted to find out what went on with the Sholai, the spirits, and the Geneforge.

GF2 started out great. I even called it the best spidweb game since BoE. But as it went on, it got slower and slower, and I didn't want to replay it to see the other endings - I just wanted to kill Barzahl and the Takers and Awakened. But I still managed to slug through them.

GF3 started out fine, somewhere between the other two. But at Gull Island, it just sunk like a stone. Things were barely explained, high-leveled monsters and tons of serviles were thrown at us, and we were expected to get through it all to see the Geneforge and mighty Drakons. I could barely finish GF3 once, let alone a second time. And yet, I could easily bring four or five parties up to the end of Dhonal Isle.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #26
quote:
Originally written by Manhood Typing Kelandon:

"I cannot speak words, because I do not know them." But it's probably better prose style to omit the unnecessary pronouns.[/QB]
:) :) :)

one thing though (as you yourself already said):
"I cannot speak (although say is better) the words, because I don't them."
I indeed meant "haec." Sorry for that.

quote:

EDIT: And your location doesn't much matter. The proverb is Latin, not English, which means that everyone in Western Europe (or the descendant cultures) uses it to some degree.[/QB]
My Latin sentence actually says my main struggle in the proverb.

My final point about this matter: I don't know the words and don't have acces to a good dictionary. i suppose you are right though, about living in different countries (what you say in the quote above).

[ Tuesday, July 05, 2005 09:21: Message edited by: Thralni ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #27
It seems that people other than Thralni have had problems with the name of this game. Not sure how it happened, but the walkthrough's URL is http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/geneforce_3.txt

So there! :P

*this message was created by the inner child*

--------------------
WWtNSD?
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #28
Gamefaqs chooses the name of the file I update, which is the source of much annoyance.

Oh well, at least they got the name everywhere else correct.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #29
Once I just read to quickly ant thought it was geneforce, and not geneforge. This probably happened to may people. I'm finally starting to understand that geneforge is some kind of monster or folk? By th way, I earlier sai I will probably try Geneforge 1. I tried it, but after the third level, were all these serviles walk around, I always get killed. Now I managed to get into that school or something to the north. But I don't manage to go past the wood. Even if I pay the toll, i get killed. going to th east from Vakiri I'm constanly slain by those big things which I don't know the name of.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #30
Two options. The first is to delete the program and go back to designing BoA scenarios, the second is to read the walkthrough (link is posted in the Geneforge 1 forum) and get some idea on character development. It does take some getting used to, which is why I offer option 1.

*this message is complete - there is nothing special about the signature*

--------------------
WWtNSD?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #31
I don't see option 1 as a good solution. If I do that, I wouldn't get any further in the game, would I. How would it help me? Don't I have to just get stronger? Geneforge 3 works alright, so i do start to learn the game. I just avoid things I still con't cope with. In geneforge 1, the serviles in that forest that keep killing me, should they that, even when I pay the toll? that looks quite strange to me...

* this signature is a signature - it doesn't contain anything useful, but that its written here, is because of sarcasme *

[ Tuesday, July 05, 2005 22:31: Message edited by: Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #32
Going too far east is not a good idea early on in GF1, as the Taker Serviles will attack you.. I don't know why those Serviles are attacking you after you pay the toll, but I've always just attacked them. Try going to other nearby areas until you have gained a couple levels, and try the bandit Serviles again later.

Since you have been playing GF3 you are likely getting some feel for the game, right? If one area is too hard, try a different one and come back later. If you can't get past the Serviles just use exitzone to get you to a safe place.

[ Tuesday, July 05, 2005 22:38: Message edited by: Dolphin. ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #33
If you trespass in or near the bandit serviles' homes, they'll attack you even if you paid their toll.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #34
Bandit Serviles are easy. First use leadership onthem for XP, then complete the quest to get them to stop attacking the village, then kill them all.

Mwahahaha.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #35
If you want to get by the bandits without fighting them go around the woods to the west and you should only have to fight some quite weaker rogues.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #36
I kill everything I come by. Need the XP to level up.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."

Pages