Solo Agent

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Solo Agent
Apprentice
Member # 2298
Profile #0
I'm curious as to if anyone else plays as a solo agent. By this, I mean I don't make any creations and I don't have any NPC's in my party. The only reason I would have a creation or npc is if they could carry excess inventory. Backtracking is the only complaint I have about G3. The game seems to be incredibly easy, so far, when played this way. I just finished the 1st island though, so we'll see if it remains this easy. If so, I'll ramp up the difficulty level. My Agent has reached 11th level as she boards the boat heading for the next island (Harmony?). The only thing I didn't complete on the 1st island was the 2nd phase of testing. I couldn't quite defeat the 1st creature that you meet when attempting that test. He kills my little gal in 2 hits :)

--------------------
'nut
Warrior
Member # 5523
Profile #1
Yup, I only play as solo agents. Same with many other people here.
Edit: welcome to spiderweb software boards!

[ Wednesday, June 29, 2005 06:55: Message edited by: Harlequin ]

--------------------
“Medicine, Law, Business, Engineering - These are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But Poetry, Beauty, Romance, Love-These are what we alive stay for.”
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #2
The only viable way to play an Agent is as a solo. I'll let either SoT or Vlish rant about why.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #3
As an Agent you can beat the game solo, and in fact you'll have a much easier time doing so that with either of the other two classes, once you know what you're doing. Making creations is actually quite inefficient for Agents.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5717
Profile #4
agents are good as long as you have strong spells and decent melee skills.Anywun here use missiles?

--------------------
I hate the world and it hates me.
:):(:DXD:P;P;);:-D:-):Oo.O
I may be wierd but you're downright ugly
Warrior
Member # 5523
Profile #5
No, why use missiles when you have battle magic?

--------------------
“Medicine, Law, Business, Engineering - These are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But Poetry, Beauty, Romance, Love-These are what we alive stay for.”
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #6
The only time I ever use missiles is as a Guardian.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 2298
Profile #7
I don't use melee or missiles, personally. Just magic. At least so far. I'm not real far in the game yet though. I keep looking for a multi-target spell, but I haven't come across one yet. My only danger is if I get surrounded and can't retreat. I've spent almost all my skill points on magic and miscellaneous. I guess I need to spend the next few levels on strength. I'm using the tunic that raises battle magic +2 because armor weighs too much.

--------------------
'nut
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #8
I use missiles for a starting Shaper, until I find a weapon that gives strong bonuses to my creations.

As for Agent strategies, why do people prefer completely solo Agent to the one who uses Greta and Alvan's help? (Or do you still use Greta and Alvan with your "solo" agent?)

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Apprentice
Member # 2298
Profile #9
For me, Zeviz, I don't want to share the XP with them. An agent needs to level quickly so that we can get our magic skills very powerful. The two NPCs are basically useless without inventories. I could use a couple of mules that just followed behind my character.

--------------------
'nut
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #10
Alwan is tougher to use with an Agent because all the rest of your strategy is about staying at a distance from enemies, so he doesn't fit in. Greta can be a fine complement.

There are some fine multi-target spells. In the meantime, Daze should solve any problems with being cornered or swarmed.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #11
I finished my first run on torment as a solo agent which I didnt intend to.
First Alwan dumped me, then Greta.

As a agent, you dont need melee or missle.
Essence orb is the multi-target spell you will get soon, and you will love it.
Another one is aura of flame.
It will come last and burn your spell points very quickly
Apprentice
Member # 2298
Profile #12
Can't wait for those multi-target spells. I'm about halfway through the 2nd island. I've decided to help the rebels. For fun, I went and told the Shaper about it and he proceeded to reduce me to ashes :D That was fun! I got to kill 3 of his creations before he toasted my 13th level agent. It was fun doing the hit n run tactics but I couldn't take his hits. I might finish this island and try one more time, just for kicks. I haven't made any enhancements at all yet. Are they really beneficial to a spell-slinger? I tested a few of the enchantments but nothing has really grabbed my fancy enough to keep.

--------------------
'nut
Apprentice
Member # 3347
Profile #13
Don't forget to get a lot of mechanics skills, you should be able to do the trapped landmine in the boatshop on the first island, before you leave the island...Those living tools run out quickly, but you get points when you use them, if you use a spell to unlock, I never seem to get points.

As an agent I never spend any points on shaping magic and avoid the shaping canisters as well.

Generaly, I spread my points around equally except for luck, mechanics and leadership. I build up my stregnth at start aswell.

--------------------
“Where did this apple come from?”
--Alan Turing
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #14
Enchancement like golden crystal can give you 5 resistance in all that is very good.
Each item can only be enchanced once.
So save your best equipment for the best rune.
Lower stones should be used early, they are useless later anyway.

[ Thursday, June 30, 2005 15:45: Message edited by: Hume ]
Apprentice
Member # 2298
Profile #15
I'm in the middle of the third island and still haven't found enchanting items to be necessary at all. I always seem to find better equipment than what can be enchanted. I'm starting to get some nicer stones but haven't found the battles to be tough enough to need good equipment. I'm thinking that because I'm playing on normal as an agent that I could probably walk around naked for the rest of the game except for items that enhance spell skills. I still wear the Artila tunic that I found on the first island. I haven't raised melee or shaping skills at all. I have 2,2,1,0 in combat skills. The 1 is because of some cannister that gave me a free action point. The only tough battle I've had so far is against the Golem that is in the Darkstone mines. It was quite a game of hit with Searer and run with speed.

--------------------
'nut
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #16
I just finished my Rebel Agent on torment, clearing out Monestary Caves. Battle Magic 19, Mental Magic 10, Blessing Magic 6, Spellcraft 20. With those stats you can dominate a Rodhizon, even on Torment. Because yes, on Torment Dominate can make a whole lot of difference, So think about it.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #17
Alwan is actually a very nice complement for an agent. Build up your battle and blessing magic early and an agent and Alwan will be unstoppable.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.