Is GF3 worth for the waiting after you play it?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Is GF3 worth for the waiting after you play it?
Warrior
Member # 5619
Profile Homepage #0
This question is for MAC user. After playing GF3 is it worth it for many months of waiting?
I can't answer this question, because I'm a window user,so I have to wait 'till summer....

--------------------
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #1
*points and laughs evil laugh*

I don't know yet.

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
If you liked GF2 and wanted to play more of it without much alteration, then you'll probably like GF3. If you liked GF2 because it had new creations and new factions, you may be disappointed by GF3. If you didn't like GF2 but liked GF1 for the discovery and exploration, you may like GF3.

I personally think I'm going to play some Blades scenarios for a while until I get bored with that, and then I'll probably play GF3, but then, I was always more of an Avernum fan than a Geneforge fan anyway.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5619
Profile Homepage #3
KELANDON, I think I will like GF3 if it have any new spells, I don't care abouts new creations or factions.....

--------------------
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #4
I think it is, but I like the Geneforge series better, having registered all 3, and only A3 out of tht series :)

--------------------
fishing
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by [b:
Kelandon[/b]]
If you liked GF2 and wanted to play more of it without much alteration, then you'll probably like GF3. If you liked GF2 because it had new creations and new factions, you may be disappointed by GF3. If you didn't like GF2 but liked GF1 for the discovery and exploration, you may like GF3.

I personally think I'm going to play some Blades scenarios for a while until I get bored with that, and then I'll probably play GF3, but then, I was always more of an Avernum fan than a Geneforge fan anyway.
Maybe it's because you can play avernum so much longer. I have good memories of playing avernum. Well, I guess I could say the same for geneforge but it sucks now, and even though I haven't played any spiderweb games for months, I would choose avernum over geneforge. As I said in another post, probably cause it has monsters that respawn. Plus you can have more than 1 PC.

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Lack of Vision
Member # 2717
Profile #6
I've purchased Geneforge 3 and am having a blast! It feels more polished than G2. It includes a lot more unique enemies, and some NPCs that can tag along, often inserting themselves in conversations. They seem more engaged that NPCs from Baldur's Gate, but less so than Baldur's Gate 2.

My only real complaint is that I'm not a big fan of the new shaper avatar. I think I liked the old one better.

As to whether it is worth the wait - that's a very hard question to answer. I think it was, but others will surely disagree. The person above who mentioned that if you liked G2, than you'll really like this one, is right.

I also think that the factions seem to be more brutal, all of them. None of them are really well-meaning - they're all power hungry and taking an "any means necessary" approach. Don't expect to get a lot of warm fuzzy feelings from this game. In all likelihood, you'll genuinely despise aspects of the faction you've joined.

Z

--------------------
Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?
Apprentice
Member # 5354
Profile #7
I think it's not different enough. No new spells, really, or new creations. No new general plot schemes--same old 'shapers versus powerhungry maniacs' thing. Similar, though slightly improved, graphics.

Having played the demo, I don't intend to register this versino though i loved GF2.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #8
Yes. I like the 'shapers versus power-hungry maniacs' theme. It's a big theme. It'll hold up for a few more games beyond this one even, as far as I'm concerned. The developments in G3 seem to be interesting but inevitable in retrospect. I

like the technical elaborations in the engine.

And I like how the various NPCs all seem closer, somehow. Maybe it's just that more of them have more in common with the PC, but folks like Master Hoge and Diwaniya seem more understandable and sympathetic than people like Barzahl or Ellrah. Maybe what it really is, now that I think about it, is that the mid-level NPCs are given a lot more personality than in the previous games, where practically only the sect leaders had anything much to say.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #9
I guess I'm kinda more of an Avernum fan too.

But anyway, I liked G2 and G1 so I'm hoping I'll quickly get into G3's plot.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #10
I think it is. In G1 and G2 I pretty much led everyone on. More or less power played it until I had to pick a side. In this one you are forced to make side choosing decisions to advance. I'll know for sure when I find out about the geneforge and if I get to use it.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #11
I think the original was better than the second one. A reason for this might be because everyone has expectations for the sequel.

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Apprentice
Member # 5644
Profile #12
I wish I had a Mac. Waiting is usually a hard burdan for me. -__- I hope G3 is great.

--------------------
~ Chris ~
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #13
Patience is a virtue PD...

Anyway, I think that I'll play a lot of E3 while I'm waiting for it to come out on Windows. I heard rumors that it was coming out this summer. It that true?

--------------------
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by Mr.knowitall:

This question is for MAC user. After playing GF3 is it worth it for many months of waiting?
I can't answer this question, because I'm a window user,so I have to wait 'till summer....

Would we have had a choice anyway? Technically, we all wait for everything, whether we want it or not.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #15
Oh, I guess that answers my question....

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #16
quote:

If you liked GF2 and wanted to play more of it without much alteration, then you'll probably like GF3.
If you liked GF2 because it had new creations and new factions, you may be disappointed by GF3. If you didn't like GF2 but liked GF1 for the discovery and exploration, you may like GF3.

I didn't really take much of a shine to the new creations in GF 2, and wished they had stuck with the originals. To be honest, I have fonder memories of GF 1. The plot was more... intriguing, and the atmosphere was more 'tense'. You were totally alone, had a hell of a lot to explore, and could use the Geneforge.

I can't wait for GF 3. At least they haven't added more uncreative creations (Drakkon? Eyebeast? Give me a break!)

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!