Purification Plant Golems

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Purification Plant Golems
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #0
These guys are kicking my rear.
Torment, Shaper, 2 lvl26 Battle Alphas with pumped strenght, dex and endurance (2lvls of Int aswell, of course), blessed, Essence Shield, hasted, they still have a major problem to take down just one of these.

Do you guys walk around them or try even harder? Any help would be appreciated.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Warrior
Member # 5731
Profile #1
Try not to engage all of them at once.
Hint: try sticking your creations in a doorway with you behind them -- then only 1 or 2 golems can get at the alphas. Also, searer works quite nicely against them (and most golems). It'll still take you a few rounds to take one out, but that's my advice for you.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #2
No, not the ones guarding the neat stuff in the deep core. I can only shudder at the thought of those.
I am speaking of the regular patrol golems.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Warrior
Member # 5731
Profile #3
well, the post still applies.
Searer is the spell I've found to be most effective against golems -- and Kill, if I remember correctly.

If you're talking about the golems on patrol, you can avoid most of them by staying out of their way -- but sooner or later one will notice you. Then, you'll want to use your alphas as meat shields and lob searers over them at the rock-boy.

The only other thing that seems to hurt them is if you can stand toe-to-toe with them and slap them around with a big sword -- but on torment that's really only an option for a buffed guardian or a melee agent.

[ Wednesday, June 22, 2005 04:48: Message edited by: mok ]
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #4
I have a BM of 2. I don't use Searer, since I focus on MM.
I don't want to use my Alphas as sheilds, I want them to live. Why else bother with creations eating your XP if they are going to die all the time?

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #5
I take them one at a time. Artilas work well against them too - acid is what will kill them quickly.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #6
Don't got Artilla, though. Specialized on BattleShaping.

--------------------
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #7
No Magic Shaping, and no Battle Magic? I don't suppose you're good enough with a sword to be able to do it with the Oozing Blade?

Sounds like golems are just going to be bad news, for you. There are lots of ways to beat them, but you seem to have avoided them all. Good luck!

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #8
Even if I bought up BM to the same level I got Mental Magic (6) I would still only have a total level of 8 (+2 for the spell level)

I guess I could restart and go at it again, but I really wanted a Rotgroth..

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #9
Searer doesn't require extremely high BM skill. You could always use a wand of some sort, or acid batons.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #10
I guess I could just ignore them. Just 100XP anyway. Of course, the other golems will be a pain.

Geh.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 2568
Profile #11
i've found that super high level clawbugs can poison them a little, if you have extra slots try throwing a couple bugs at 'em, use 'em as shields for the alphas

--------------------
Walk with me and fear no longer, the night.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #12
Well you only need 3 magic shaping to make a searing artilla, which should have a high enough level at creation to be useful, or alternately hows your fire shaping, don't roamers spit acid as well? And if the acid is why searer is effective, couldn't you try using burning spray instead?

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #13
Started to replay instead. I could probably have made it by just shaping more BA but that would seem to me a bit pointless.
I know that it is Torment, but if I don't find an easy way to do things I don't want to do it. Instead I try and try again untill I find the right combo.

--------------------