Which class first time?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Which class first time?
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #0
Which shaper class did you opt for in your first run through G3?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 43 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=EgDPSNonDYjU"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=EgDPSNonDYjU"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #1
I've always liked the Shapers for some reason. I don't know why, I just normally select them and beat the game with the others later.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #2
I think shapers are the easiest. You get a decent meatshield of creations, which can dish out decent damage, and it doesn't matter if the creations die, so you can send them out in front and not join in the fight, even.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Warrior
Member # 2694
Profile #3
I'll probably end up preferring one of the other characters, but I'll be trying Shapers first. I always try Shapers first, since shaping is the main unique thing about the Geneforge series.

--------------------
"Attaining one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence."

- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #4
I chose a Guardian, then an Agent, and then a Shaper.

Guardians and Agents are both really fun - Shapers weren't, though.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 5268
Profile #5
I chose Shaper. But Shapers are pretty weedy. This means that they are not inherently easy to play because you need to be careful that nobody can attack you. Blink or get lazy and you may find yourself having to reload. Your creations are useful for most compbat, but if ever an area effect spell gets cast you are frequently toast (Aura of Flames - Mmm, yes! I like my Shaper all crispy thank you!).
Warrior
Member # 5619
Profile Homepage #6
I prefer to play as an Agent first,then Shaper, then Guardian. I like playing as a Agent first, because I prefer spells over creations to beat the game.

--------------------
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #7
I used to play a Shaper first, but they are a bit frail. Now I like Agents. They are midway for strength and good with spells. I like having one strong creation to take with me. I can't use them as meat shields.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #8
I've never played anything other than a shaper, maybe i should try that...

--------------------
fishing
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #9
If I ever play G3 it will be with a shaper. The only reason is because all of the other games I've played involve melee and magic. Shapers are strongest with their base trait being creation. No Game I ever played you can *create* your own little devil-horde of monsters. :P That's about the only cool thing I still see in Geneforge, although when it first came out, I thought it was extremely fun.

I've only played guardian and agent a couple times. I think they're boring.

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #10
I almost always play as a shaper, as I dislike the appearance of the other two classes and enjoy the ability to really dabble deeply with creations. With the improved shaper graphic for GF3, it's an even easier decision.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #11
Yeah, the agent looks like a witch and the guardian...well, I don't know why the hell Spiderweb made the helmet that way.

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!