Using canisters: CAUTION- SPOILERS HERE

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Using canisters: CAUTION- SPOILERS HERE
Apprentice
Member # 4094
Profile #0
I have been using some of the canisters found around the game and I have now found that they have a side effect that I really don't like. My character gets angry with lots of people and automatically starts fights that I don't want to have. I met an agent on gull Island and she attacked me because of what my character had done, using the canisters. I want to be on the shapers side but some of them don't like me because I used the canisters, and my character starts fights with servile rebels who wouldn't otherwise fight me. Is there any cheat to make it so that my character never used the canisters?

--------------------
Beware the canisters!!!
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #1
Suck it up.

Deal with it. You were warned that they were forbidden devices. Now live with the consequences.

There are no cheats to help you.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Apprentice
Member # 5368
Profile #2
Its the price of being a god.
Lifecrafter
Member # 54
Profile #3
Press the Shift and D keys, and type the following into the prompt:

sdf 100 4 0

When done, the game will think that you haven't used any canisters, but you will retain the skills the canisters gave you.

(682)
Warrior
Member # 5167
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Seletine:

Press the Shift and D keys, and type the following into the prompt:

sdf 100 4 0

When done, the game will think that you haven't used any canisters, but you will retain the skills the canisters gave you.

(682)

now that i have GF3 on windows, i need to remember this one...
thanks

--------------------
Finished Sub2 levels:
Shop"keep"er
Machinery Complex
Machinery Complex2
Machinery Complex3
Machinery Complex4
Munchkin City
In progress:
None
Abandonned:
T.E.L.E.P.O.R.T
Sub-Way
Warrior
Member # 5523
Profile #5
I wouldn't use a cheat to remove the negative effects of cannisters my first time through the game. It adds an iteresting detale to the story which would be a shame to remove.

--------------------
“Medicine, Law, Business, Engineering - These are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But Poetry, Beauty, Romance, Love-These are what we alive stay for.”
Apprentice
Member # 6051
Profile Homepage #6
I believe that leadership skills help you deal with sticky situations. I use all the cannisters I can get, and I've been all over Dhonal's island, and no shaper types have attacked me (though the game does say that I get angry at people sometimes).

Generally, if you want to be able to talk your way out of fighting, up your leadership. Otherwise wade in and kill them all.
Apprentice
Member # 5934
Profile #7
Maybe a good leadership skill helps you cancel out the side effects of canister use to some degree?
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #8
Untrue. I had a leadership score of 14, and it still happened. Doubt they want you to get higher.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Warrior
Member # 5523
Profile #9
Same here, I allwase invest lots of points on leadership. It dosn't negate the negative affects of canisters.

--------------------
“Medicine, Law, Business, Engineering - These are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But Poetry, Beauty, Romance, Love-These are what we alive stay for.”
Apprentice
Member # 6051
Profile Homepage #10
Does luck help?

Just curious.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #11
No, luck has more to do with creations dropping items when killed and things like that.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00