Help with the Agent

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Help with the Agent
Warrior
Member # 5550
Profile Homepage #0
Could somebody please tell me they stop being wannabe mages and start being gods? Its annoying how weak my char is. And i'm on normal!

--------------------
Q: What is the sound of one hand clapping?
A: The sound of someone getting smacked upside the head.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a good side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Don't worry Alorael, custom titles are overrated.
Warrior
Member # 5268
Profile #1
Agents stop being wannabe mages and start being gods.

Happy?

In other news: There really is a Santa Claus!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #2
If your Agent is weak on Normal, you are doing something wrong. Apply the standard drill: MakeNoCreations, MaxBattleMagicAndSpellcraft, KeepQuickActionHigh, DazeAllGroups, FryEverythingBeforeItKnowsYouExist.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Warrior
Member # 5550
Profile Homepage #3
Let me rephrase that. When do they start being gods?

--------------------

Duct tape is like the force. It has a good side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.

His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #4
Some time after 4:20

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #5
IMO, Agents are Always gods. As you progress through any Geneforge, its their ability to tackle multiple rogues which increases substantially.

If you die in 1v1 combat as an Agent, you just arent playing properly.

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #6
What level are you, and what have you invested your Skill Points in?

[ Wednesday, June 01, 2005 20:06: Message edited by: Dolphin ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5550
Profile Homepage #7
I am either level 7 or 8, with about 6 Bm, 4 for MM and BlessM, and 0 for spellcraft. 2 Melee, 2 Missle Skills. 0 Parry and QA. 6 Intell, 4 end, 3 str, 4 dex. 0 all shaping, one healing. 6 leadership, 6 mech, 2 luck. Now, what do you suggest?

Note: I have already taken on the mad creator.

[ Wednesday, June 01, 2005 20:12: Message edited by: Maxmillion ]

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #8
If you already beat the Creator you are not that weak.

1. You need to invest in Spellcraft. Without it your magic will be more or less useless. Being that your BM is your highest stat I assume that is your attack of choice, so this skill being weak is a hindrance.

2. I don't think you need the points in luck for the early levels (Somebody let me know if I am mistaken).

3. If you are dying a lot add a point to healing (unless you use pods)

4. For being that high a level I would add a point to endurance.

5. One point in Fire Shaping would allow you to make a low cost fyora or two to protect you until you get a bit stronger, or meatshields if you are dying constantly.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #9
The weird thing is that you've gotten to the mad creator at such a low level. Did you just rush straight to it by the quickest route? I've just started a solo Guardian, and he is level 8 after cleaning out Kentia (including basement) and the southernmost zones (including Sea Caves). At the rate he's going I seriously expect him to be a good two or three levels higher by the time he reaches the Greenwood boss.

You do need more Spellcraft. If you're going to put points into all three magic types and healing, you can get the same effect cheaper through SC. You might want to raise Quick Action some -- it is a much cheaper way to ensure that you always act first than raising Dexterity.

Your point distribution looks fine to me otherwise, though. Have you bought all the training you can in the various spells? That also helps. Speed is good, and don't hesitate to abuse it by hiding and making peace after one shot, then confronting the enemy again, repeating so as to get many unanswered attacks in a row. War Blessing helps with spell attacks too. And you do often need to be a bit sneaky as an Agent -- retreat when you first bump an enemy, so that one or two of the group chase you, instead of engaging the whole group -- that sort of thing.

[ Wednesday, June 01, 2005 21:40: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5550
Profile Homepage #10
Thank you all. However, I have another question. Should one wait to enchant objects or do so immediately?

--------------------

Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #11
Don't wait in order to save your enhancing stones, because there are lots more ahead. Go ahead and enhance a bronze sword -- by the time you find an iron one you'll also have found more stones.

If you happen to have a really good item that you're going to want to use for a long time, though, you might wait until you get hold of a really good enhancement for it, because you can only give it one. The market value of the enhancing stones is a pretty fair measure of their value, and the best ones are worth 500 to 1000.

--------------------
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #12
No points in healing! NONE!

With no points in healing you will still end up with around 11 actual points in it.

NO CREATIONS!!! Waste of time.

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!! I have already laid out the Agent Q&A so much that it is now annoying.

No points in Endurance. You get terrible returns on it. It's a complete waste of time for an Agent. And if you are getting hit or taking damage, you are doing something wrong.

Do not take offense, but Agents are for people that like to think. They are for pure tactical application and using your mind to pound enemies into mush. To effectly play an Agent to her full abilities, you must think like an Agent. Can you?

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 5550
Profile Homepage #13
What is the search button?

--------------------

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #14
See those choices right under "Post Reply"? The ones that say, "my profile," "register," "search," etc.? The search button is there.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #15
If he can't find the search function, it may explain why he has trouble playing an Agent. :rolleyes:

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #16
quote:

If he can't find the search function, it may explain why he has trouble playing an Agent.

That's harsh. In his defense, the 'search' function is quite difficult to find on this board. Even I had trouble, although I was quite aware it had one (every forum has one).

Perhaps something as important as the 'search' link shouldn't be in microfont, located at the very upper lefthand corner of the page, where no one looks. I'm not blaming you for that, DV, just venting a long-held grudge about search functions on forums which are d*** hard to locate (after all, one cannot search for the search function).

EDIT BY KEL: Even mild swearing is technically against the rules.

[ Friday, June 03, 2005 08:46: Message edited by: Thurylandon ]

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #17
I had no idea there was a search button until i read this forum.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #18
I thought swearing was allowed, unless aimed at a certain person? Since there are seveal posts all over the board with words like "Sucks c*ck", etc.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #19
Re-read the CoC.
quote:
What constitutes a minor infraction for a member:
+ Using vulgarity in any language (whether it's in the open, masked, or abbreviated)

[ Friday, June 03, 2005 17:06: Message edited by: Thurylandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #20
quote:
Originally written by Waylander:

[QUOTE]Perhaps something as important as the 'search' link shouldn't be in microfont, located at the very upper lefthand corner of the page, where no one looks. I'm not blaming you for that, DV, just venting a long-held grudge about search functions on forums which are d*** hard to locate
I think these boards only have one display setting. If that's true, the search button should be in the uppper righthand corner for everyone.

Also, almost no one uses the "Post a Reply" button at the top of the page, Kelandon. There's another one for users who aren't empty shells. I'm not telling you where it is, but it isn't accompanied by a "search" option. So Maxmillion, assuming he/she isn't an empty shell, ;) , wouldn't have noticed.

Oh, and Agents should eventually get good.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #21
quote:
Originally written by Formerly I:

Also, almost no one uses the "Post a Reply" button at the top of the page, Kelandon. There's another one for users who aren't empty shells. I'm not telling you where it is, but it isn't accompanied by a "search" option. So Maxmillion, assuming he/she isn't an empty shell, ;) , wouldn't have noticed.
What are you talking about? It sounds like you're trying to insult me, which seems unnecessary.

I probably should've specified which "Post Reply" button I meant (I use both, since sometimes I already know what the thread says from looking at the most recent post in Today's Daily Topics and I don't feel like scrolling through twenty-odd posts), but still.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #22
quote:
What are you talking about? It sounds like you're trying to insult me, which seems unnecessary.

No, I'm joking. I would have no reason to actually insult you.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty