XP and Creations.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: XP and Creations.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #0
I knew i have asked this before but noone has answered me. Maybe there is a previouse topic that speaks of this, but if there is i sure can't find it.

Question: How much XP does a creation "eat" per enemy killed? And is it worth to keep around 7 creations if they eat allot of XP, or do they eat less and less if you have more creations (I.e Will one creation eat 3 XP and 7 21, or does it dropp depending on the size of your party?)

I really want to know, because i never use more then one creation, fearing they will eat my XP and just because useless essence lumps that die sooner or later anyway, leaving me with less XP and a dead creation.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #1
Dunno the exact figure, but it really isn't a big deal. Good creations survive fine and fight very well, and the couple of levels of experience you'll miss by the end of the game represent much less of a sacrifice in total power than you would be making by foregoing the extra creations.

More creations is actually nonlinearly better, in a sense, because it multiplies the effect of group spells without changing their energy and essence costs.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #2
The creations receive very little of your XP. Having Greta, Alwan, or other creations are worth the XP loss. Of course it adds up if you have a large group.

When it is later in the game and you are only getting a few XP it makes a difference. Of course that late in the game you are unlikely gain very many levels either way.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #3
Should I wait with creating an "army" of 5-7 creations untill i know what creations I want, and thus not waste the XP, or do you guys create first Fyora (or whatever lowlevel), and when you gain level erase the entire army and make another set, this time high-level creation.

And oh, i just started playing on Torment for the first time. Not as bad as i thought it would be.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #4
I like making one or two Cryoa for early on. I make two draykes as soon as I am able. I have never taken to making hordes of creations (mostly because they get stuck places and things like that.) Once I'm near the end of the game I make a small army, but that's mostly because it looks cool.

If you want maximum XP use a few creations as possible.
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #5
Every creation eat 1/16 exp.
So with a team of 4 creations you
and each of your creation get 3/4 exp.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Hume:

]Every creation eat 1/16 exp.
Are you sure about those numbers? That sounds a bit high. How did you determine that?

Edit: and one creation getting 1/16 of XP becomes four creations getting 4/16 of XP, which brakes down to 1/4 of the total XP awarded going to creations and 3/4 goiing to the PC.

[ Tuesday, May 31, 2005 15:47: Message edited by: Dolphin ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
Actually, you and your creations will all get the same amount of XP awarded to each of you. It's just that that amount is reduced based on the number of creations you have.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Dolphin:

quote:
Originally written by Hume:

]Every creation eat 1/16 exp.
Are you sure about those numbers? That sounds a bit high. How did you determine that?

Edit: and one creation getting 1/16 of XP becomes four creations getting 4/16 of XP, which brakes down to 1/4 of the total XP awarded going to creations and 3/4 goiing to the PC.

Not really high,
since the higher your level,
the less exp you get from slaying your foes.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #9
What Hume said. I don't know why no one listens when people explain this. The experience penalty is ridiculously temporary as a result of this, and you will generally just float along 0-3 levels behind a solo character.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #10
Having several creations will place you at a slightly lower level at the end of the game, but it's not that much of a difference. As I said, I really don't play with many creations, but when I have four as opposed to being solo the endgame result is only a couple levels. The trade off is the creation's protection.

My solo Agent finished at level 51, and my Shaper with three draykes finished at level 48. I don't see that as much of a hardship.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #11
I would point out that the worth of Alwan is dubious. Better to go with a disposable thahd.