mined shore, iron bars, and 6 other Q's

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: mined shore, iron bars, and 6 other Q's
Apprentice
Member # 12796
Profile #0
First, in the mined shore, I dismissed Camille before she deactivated the mines.
Is there a way of doing that myself without upping my mechanics from 10 to 14?
I might be able to cheat using an "SDF" and if that is the only way does anyone know what it is?

Second, is there any use for iron bars like in the previous games?

Third, is the rubble in the lower school removable or will the blackened areas be forever hidden?

Fourth, I have piles of special items I probably won't use.
In the GF1 and GF2 I could sell them to stores and still be able to buy them back if I needed them for some reason.
Can I do something like that here so I don't have the piles?

Fifth, it is possible to go through the green areas like in the other games but you can't do that here when going from island to island.
Can that be remedied or must I still go through the endpoints to get to the skiff. (I learned a couple new words when playing this game)

Sixth, in the previous games when you picked up a group of items it said, "how many?"
It doesn't say that here so I can't consolidate my tools in one bunch or I'd have to carry around 100 pounds just for tools.
I fix this problem but putting my tools, crystals, and other items in several groups of about 20.
20 pounds is alot light than 100 so I might be able to use my tools without having to not carry any and go back to "home base," that is South End, and pick up all of them and use some.

Seventh, I am following the walkthrough, Matt P's.
He has many places, up to Dhonal's island, in which he says stuff like, kill the golems and deactivate the acid baths.
That one is on the acid plant new the beginning of Dhonal's.
I am not even remotely able to defeat golems and barely other creatures.
Yes I am 'torment' and I can lower the difficulty but they still seem to inflict enough damage and I can't that I don't think that will help.

Lastly, eighth, I kill the ghost attacking General Greiner(sp).
I then go to Lord Rahul and tell him of that.
I get a quest to deliver new orders but can't find the General to give them to.
He isn't in his quarters but I can't think of anywhere else to look.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
I'll answer the questions I can.

quote:
Fourth, I have piles of special items I probably won't use.
In the GF1 and GF2 I could sell them to stores and still be able to buy them back if I needed them for some reason.
Can I do something like that here so I don't have the piles
I'm afraid not.

quote:
Fifth, it is possible to go through the green areas like in the other games but you can't do that here when going from island to island.
Can that be remedied or must I still go through the endpoints to get to the skiff. (I learned a couple new words when playing this game)
No, you always have to use boats to get between islands.

quote:
Sixth, in the previous games when you picked up a group of items it said, "how many?"
It doesn't say that here so I can't consolidate my tools in one bunch or I'd have to carry around 100 pounds just for tools.
I fix this problem but putting my tools, crystals, and other items in several groups of about 20.
20 pounds is alot light than 100 so I might be able to use my tools without having to not carry any and go back to "home base," that is South End, and pick up all of them and use some.
Hold down shift as you click on a pile of items, and you'll be asked how many.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by slothman32:

First, in the mined shore, I dismissed Camille before she deactivated the mines.
I might be able to cheat using an "SDF" and if that is the only way does anyone know what it is?

Go into the folder called scripts to find the one for the mined shore zone. Scan down until you find the dialog with Camille and there should be a SDF. I don't have time to look myself.

[quote]Third, is the rubble in the lower school removable or will the blackened areas be forever hidden?[/quote]Yes, the servant mind clears some rubble so you can get a few items.

[quote]Seventh, I am following the walkthrough, Matt P's.
He has many places, up to Dhonal's island, in which he says stuff like, kill the golems and deactivate the acid baths.
Yes I am 'torment' and I can lower the difficulty but they still seem to inflict enough damage and I can't that I don't think that will help.
[/quote]Yes, but I forget the damage type that is most effective. Try to use hallways to keep from getting swarmed and buff up before fighting.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #3
"First, in the mined shore, I dismissed Camille before she deactivated the mines.
I might be able to cheat using an "SDF" and if that is the only way does anyone know what it is?"
I don't think an SDF can help you.

"Second, is there any use for iron bars like in the previous games?"
There is no quest to collect iron bars. There are quests for dried herbs, research notes, and shaper equipment.

"Third, is the rubble in the lower school removable or will the blackened areas be forever hidden?"
The rubble is eventually cleared away. I think you have to defeat the spawner on the first island.

"Fourth, I have piles of special items I probably won't use.
Can I do something like that here so I don't have the piles?"
Things you sell to shops will remain in the shop inventory until the shop inventory is full. Items sold to a shop with a full inventory will be lost forever.

"Fifth, it is possible to go through the green areas like in the other games but you can't do that here when going from island to island.
Can that be remedied or must I still go through the endpoints to get to the skiff. (I learned a couple new words when playing this game)"
You must use skiffs to move from one island to another, and typically only from one dock to another.

"Sixth, in the previous games when you picked up a group of items it said, "how many?"
20 pounds is alot light than 100 so I might be able to use my tools without having to not carry any and go back to "home base," that is South End, and pick up all of them and use some."
Hold Shift and click the stack of items while they are on the ground.

"Seventh, I am following the walkthrough, Matt P's.
Yes I am 'torment' and I can lower the difficulty but they still seem to inflict enough damage and I can't that I don't think that will help."
Every class will have problems with different areas, and different styles of playing will also have effects. If an area is too hard, skip it. Also, golems are weak to acid damage.
"Lastly, eighth, I kill the ghost attacking General Greiner(sp).
I then go to Lord Rahul and tell him of that.
I get a quest to deliver new orders but can't find the General to give them to.
He isn't in his quarters but I can't think of anywhere else to look."
Check his front office.

--------------------
"What can you do with an anthropology degree other than study people?"

"...Hunt people?"