+ creation stat items

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: + creation stat items
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #0
Throughout the series there are a ton of items with effects like "+1 to dexterity of creations" and so on with other stats and resistances. When is this applied? Is it when the creation is first Shaped, when the item is equipped, or something completely different?

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
They work exactly the same way the items that stats or resistances for your character work. While an item is equipped, it will give the bonus to all your creations. Bonus intelligence doesn't count towards the two intelligence points needed to control a creation, however.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #2
Then it's good that I buy those two levels of intelligence.

I don't equip anything that gives a bonus to my creations unless there's also a bonus for my character.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Apprentice
Member # 12796
Profile #3
What about something like the transference robe?
I believe it subtracts 2 from your strength, endurance, and dexterity but it adds them to your creations.
I actually used it during times when my shaper character shouldn't be fighting at all.
A parade of drayks behind me might be a good time when to do that.
Even 2 improved drayks can do much damage and all I have to do is stay out of the way.
It doesn't affect intelligence so you won't have to worry about creating fewer things.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #4
Even when I'm playing as a shaper, I'm not very big on using creations for most of the game.

And I repeat:
quote:
I don't equip anything that gives a bonus to my creations unless there's also a bonus for my character.
Put simply, I don't like using anything that reduces anybody's stats, regardless of how good it might be otherwise.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.