Get the most out of Sucia Island!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Get the most out of Sucia Island!
Warrior
Member # 8338
Profile #0
I checked and didn't see any other topics where I could put this. Some spoilers may be below.

I just tested my theory and had a success. After being frustrated that the game was smart enough to have all loyalist Sholai know when I killed some of their buddies and tarnishing my amulet I decided to wait till getting to Crossroads where your amulet is taken away. I killed everyone on that map but left the amulet in the box. Then I went and cleared out Patrol Bridge. Got the amulet back from the box at Crossroads and not only was it pristine but none of the other Sholai were any wiser.

Based on this evidence I declare open season on loyalist Sholai! Sure, they may only gives 5 exp (with no creations) at level 18, but that Charged Sholai (800 hper) gave 60 xp! Also plenty of potions, gold, and javelines.

As an aside, I just killed an Ornk and it dropped a Gemstone along with meat. Is this because of my luck stat or are drops like this pre-assigned?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
Drops come in two forms - the preassigned ones and the chance of getting something based upon luck. For ornks the preassigned is meat, but I never saw a gem so congratulations on a rare drop.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #2
I once had an Agent with very weird stats, such as 2 melee weapons, 2 battle magic and 30 luck.

I was undefeatable! Blows just seemed to slide off me and my return strikes did awsome damage.

I also never seemed to get dazed or cursed.

Odd universe eh?

--------------------
The force is with ME! I'm not so sure about YOU!

Never trust a man who can say "Pickles" with a manic gleam in his eye.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #3
30 luck? How the heck did you pull that off? Did you buy nothing but luck?

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
In G1, you can buy unlimited amounts of Luck with cash. Getting to 30 isn't as impractical as you'd think.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 8338
Profile #5
I have 30 luck right now on my Agent in GF1.

It doesn't seem to help THAT much from what I've seen but I know it can't hurt :P
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

In G1, you can buy unlimited amounts of Luck with cash. Getting to 30 isn't as impractical as you'd think.
I forgot all about buying luck. I normally don't bother to go above about 12-15 levels of luck anyway; I don't want things to go too well for my character. :cool:

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #7
My character is lucky if he gets 2 points of luck. Luck was worth having in the good old days of Exile, when it saved your life. Since this was stopped in Nethergate/Avernum, I've never bothered with it since.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #8
Ah, those were the days... (takes a moment to zone out and wax nostalgic) In the Exile games, I'd always make sure to get some luck (usually around 5 levels), just so I'd have a bit of insurance for my PCs. Then towards the endgame, I'd try to bump it up to 20; when I had it maxed out, my PCs would rarely, if ever, die.

For the record, luck can save your life in Avernum (at least in A1 & A2); it just needs to be a bit higher.

--------------------