draky psychology

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: draky psychology
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #0
So drakys are normally born all rogue so, how can be living crafts be so different (and not being intently borned rogue) and what would have caused that?and as further i can nock the devil down would draky be shaped from are they just real creations or shaped reptiles?

[ Friday, December 15, 2006 11:12: Message edited by: opon mars ]

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Warrior
Member # 7638
Profile #1
I have no idea what you mean by "real creations" or "shaped reptiles".

--------------------
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
-- Bill Gates, 1981

"But what ... is it good for?"
--Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968, commenting on the microchip.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #2
All Shaped beings are creations, reptile or not.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Apprentice
Member # 5457
Profile #3
I think what he's getting at is 'are Drayks pre-existing beings altered with Shaping or are they built from scratch?' to which the answer, as far as I can discern, is 'yes'.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #4
well drakys were or not shaped from natural beings is what i meant i am sorry for my not very advanced eloquence.
if all creation where not build from pure essence could this explain the rogue thoughts in a creation. So that could explain why creations if not under the the control of a shaper: that would explain why creations are meant to be at a surtain degree free.
and if all drakys where all banned to create why shapers create living crafts which are allterations of drakys?

[ Friday, December 15, 2006 23:06: Message edited by: opon mars ]

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Warrior
Member # 7638
Profile #5
Well they are pure creations. In GF3 on the loding screen, it has a picture of a drayk that says "base material fyora". They are a highly modified fyora, but I suspect the idea of a fyora was based on a living creature.

The Drakons or modified drayks are technically banned. Some shapers have just no respect for the law.

[ Saturday, December 16, 2006 05:51: Message edited by: Leftover Sauerkraut ]

--------------------
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
-- Bill Gates, 1981

"But what ... is it good for?"
--Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968, commenting on the microchip.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
After drayks were created, in GF1 there is some mention when you meet one, it was decided that they were too intelligent and independent. Thus drayks were barred as a new creation, but existing ones were sometimes allowed to continue out their natural lifespan in isolated regions like Sucia Island.

By GF2, the drayks had used shaping techniques on their offspring to create the first drakons. These drakons both bred and used shaping to create the ur-drakons. It is the ur-drakons that were responsible for the Rebellion.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #7
Originally by opon mars:

quote:
if all creation where not build from pure essence could this explain the rogue thoughts in a creation. So that could explain why creations if not under the the control of a shaper: that would explain why creations are meant to be at a surtain degree free.
From what I remember as the gist of previous debates, complex creations like drayks and drakons are grown in vats and other equipment. This gives them greater longevity and doesn't tie up a Shaper's essence. It also gives them more intelligence and free will.

quote:
and if all drakys where all banned to create why shapers create living crafts which are allterations of drakys?
I've wondered this myself. Either living crafts are so different from drayks that they are still allowed, or Jeff made an error.

quote:
i am sorry for my not very advanced eloquence.
I can see some improvement already.

Just one thing: the creation you are talking about is a drayk, not a draky. Dikiyoba keeps reading this topic title as a corruption of "Drakey [Drakefyre] psychology". Marathon levels and vahnatai, oh boy!
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #8
Hum... thanks for your replies they help me to deduct this.

[ Tuesday, December 19, 2006 08:41: Message edited by: opon mars ]

--------------------
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #9
Well living crafts are special sort of draky so their function could be only there to obey a shapers commands and to store maps and destinations to disembark goods and passengers so there minds wouldn't be as evolved as the draky's are. Draky's were made to be extremely resilient, physically tough, and smart in time of war a draky would be the prime battle creation working out how to break down enemies defenses and lines. This free thinking ability may have made them rouge. Any way so what would have first shapers shaped out of to make a draky or a fiery creation and as i am at it what would be the other creations shaped out of ?

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #10
Don't double post please, edit.