Trainer for more living tools?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Trainer for more living tools?
Apprentice
Member # 7687
Profile #0
Can I get living tools with this thing called "trainer" ? What is a trainer and where do I get it (for mac)?
Or is there perhaps any cheat for more living tools?If I didn't search right just send a link to the topic.Help is much appreciated!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
For which game? Croikle's editor will give you living tools for G1, and Slp006's editor for G3 will give you the money you need to go out and buy living tools. There's an editor for G2 lying around somewhere as well.

But also consider bumping up your mechanics skills if it is low.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
While it's possible to get by with low mechanics, having mechanic around 10 by the middle of most games will help a lot. It reduces the number of living tools that you use and will allow you to disarm traps.

Also some items will increase your mechanics and you can swap them when you just need to do locks and traps. Tinker's gloves and bauble, and infiltrator items.

[ Wednesday, November 22, 2006 17:48: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #3
Another bit of game advice is that doors requiring rediculous amounts of living tools aren't meant to be opened. (They often contain either quest rewards or faction-specific areas.)

As for using the editors/trainers, simply use the links in forum header to download them. Then follow instructions. (You have to replace some files in Geneforge/Data folder on your computer with the files you download. Then start the game and interact with sign/book/person who contains the editor. (See instructions for details.))

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #4
I don't use trainers, they tend to freeze up my computer.

You don't really need a trainer to get living tools, especially once you raise your mechanics skill to a high level, and consequently need less of them. A combination of high mental magic skill and multiple trainings in the unlock spell has been known to work wonders on locks, too.

With my playing style, living tools become kind of a junk item anyway, at least towards the endgame.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.