GF2 ending irritation

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: GF2 ending irritation
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #0
I just found that even if you kill Barzahl, Tuldaric, and the three Taker Drayks, and destroy the Geneforge, you still get the "unfinished ending" (the one where you get executed).

Apparently destroying the geneforge doesn't count as finishing the game unless you go back and tell Zakary you did it. How bureaucratic; nothing is done unless the paperwork is completed.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
It's not enough to do the quest, you must report it to the proper person. What's worse is if he or she is dead then you usually don't get credit.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #2
This must count as a bug, since killing all those guys should qualify you for the unaligned victory.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Warrior
Member # 7276
Profile #3
Right. I got the non-aligned Shaper ending - but I never accepted a geneforge quest from Zakary, which may have made all the difference.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #4
Accepting the quest doesn't matter. And in order to get the non-aligned ending, you have to kill the people you listed PLUS Zakary. 5/6 is not enough.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7276
Profile #5
Not so - I didn't kill Zakary or join him either; but when I went back to the Shapers, they took the job off my hands. And they didn't execute me. (I never got the ending Micawber describes, "unfinished").
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
How many canisters did you use, Alberich? If you only used a few and Micawber used a lot, that could account for the difference.

Oh, and Dikiyoba welcomes you to (active participation in) the boards. We're currently running at a high level of insanity, so be sure that all of your sanity has been left with the fluffy turtles.
Warrior
Member # 7276
Profile #7
Ah, good point. Critter Pete 2, like his successor, was a die-hard canister virgin. (This didn't make the third game easy, as this family tends to specialize in shaping fire creatures.) And thanks for the welcome!
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #8
Well I used a heck of a lot of canisters on that game...

For clarity, the ending I describe says that you "didn't complete all the tasks Zakary set you". Actually I did, but I didn't go back and tell him so. As Randomizer said, you must report it to the proper person, so bureaucratic.

Anyhow, I'd never seen this ending before and was somewhat narked to see it now, considering all the services I had rendered to the shapers.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #9
I am fairly sure that you can only get Aodare's ending (he's the one character who alludes to it) by killing all of the sect leaders. The ending I'm talking about specifically states that the Shaper Coüncil is pleased that you demolished all four sects.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #10
Is that the same ending you get if you complete all quests as a loyalist and then kill Zakary (after all he is a traitor too)?

--------------------

Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #11
I was pretty sure that Zakary didn't really matter; the Shapers would execute him anyway, though they're happy to have you do it for them. But maybe Slarty's right.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Micawber.:

How bureaucratic; nothing is done unless the paperwork is completed.
My guess is so that when you finally return to the Shaper council, there's a record of your deeds in Drypeak proving what you did on behalf of the Shapers. So even if you later kill Zakary before you leave Drypeak, you'll still leave behind evidence of your loyalty.

I don't have the registered version, so I can't say for sure.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.