Outrunning Trajkov

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Outrunning Trajkov
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #0
I found a rather interesting bug in G1: It's possible to outrun Trajkov to the Geneforge, and either use or destroy it (or both!) before he gets there. :D

Here's how you do it (warning--spoilers):
1) Walk the corridor between Trajkov and the door to the Geneforge to get the area on the automap.
2) Position yourself between Trajkov and the door the Geneforge; this will give you the head start you'll need.
3) Talk to Trajkov, and get him to use any set of gloves; this will open the door the Geneforge.
4) Now it gets a little tricky. As soon as you're out of conversation mode, move as quickly as you can into the Geneforge room.
5) Deactivate a power spiral (even if you don't want to destroy it), walk to the Geneforge, and use and/or destroy it.
6) Sit back and watch as Trajkov either gains power or dies, depending on what you did.

It's tough to do, but definitely doable (at least in the Windows version). It's also fun watching Trajkov kill himself by using a destroyed Geneforge. ;)

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #1
I assume that 5) deactivating a spiral is a necessary part of the procedure, or you wouldn't have put it in. Can you explain why?

Plus, that spoiler warning should perhaps be in the topic title.

[ Saturday, October 28, 2006 14:23: Message edited by: Archimandrite Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
So if both you and Trajkov use the Geneforge, do you get the you-used-the-Geneforge ending or the Trajkov-used-the-Geneforge ending?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #3
You need to de-activate one of the spirals in order to destroy the Geneforge. I just blow them all up for fun. And I usually try to kill Trajkov by setting off a spiral right before he enters the room.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #4
Is it me or is the first game of the series the only one that makes the Genforge look cool?

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
"Look cool" visually or otherwise?

Dikiyoba.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Archimandrite Micawber:

I assume that 5) deactivating a spiral is a necessary part of the procedure, or you wouldn't have put it in. Can you explain why?

Plus, that spoiler warning should perhaps be in the topic title.

Deactivating the spiral is only necessary for destroying the Geneforge, not using it. The Geneforge is still fully functional without one of its power spirals, so it still can be used. The bug I'm talking about (Trajkov using the Geneforge after you destroyed it) only shows up if you manage to destroy the Geneforge before Trajkov uses it.

And you're right, I probably should've put the spoiler warning in the title; I've never needed one before, and didn't know where to put it, just that I'd need one.
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

So if both you and Trajkov use the Geneforge, do you get the you-used-the-Geneforge ending or the Trajkov-used-the-Geneforge ending?
You can't have both of you using it; I've tried that already. In all cases (I know because I replayed this scenario repeatedly to get all possible endings), only one of you can use the Geneforge and live.

It all depends on which pair of gloves you give Trajkov. If you use it with the real gloves, you get the you-used-the-Geneforge ending, and Trajkov dies; if Trajkov uses it with the real gloves, you get the Trajkov-used-the-Geneforge ending, because Trajkov won't let you use the Geneforge after he uses it.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #7
Well you said "Deactivate a power spiral (even if you don't want to destroy it)", which made me think this was necessary to outrun him, somehow.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Micawber.:

Well you said "Deactivate a power spiral (even if you don't want to destroy it)", which made me think this was necessary to outrun him, somehow.
My mistake; I'm not exactly the best writer.

I should have said "unless you don't want to destroy it," which probably would've avoided a lot of confusion. I was think I was trying to put more emphasis on the fact that it was possible to deactivate a power spiral also, not just simply reaching the Geneforge before Trajkov.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #9
I meant visually. The Geneforge only looks cool in the original game.

And everyone's names are cooler in GF. Trajkov, Heustess, and Sencia to name a few. The characters are deeper. The language barrier is the best. The whole Sholai concept was a surprise to me. The giant side quests (the Spirit Temple and the Shaper Tombs) were the best. And the spells were simple and effective.

And the Drakons, with all due respect to Mr. Vogel, almost ruin the game for me. "Tyrannosaurs in F-15's" if you catch my drift.

The original Geneforge rules. Long live the Sholai.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #10
By Nick Ringer:
quote:
Tyrannosaurs in F-14's
FYT.

--------------------
I'd sure like to be a walking endorsement.
- Calvin