Geneforge 3 Enchantments

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Geneforge 3 Enchantments
Apprentice
Member # 7109
Profile #0
I enchanted a shaper sword with "slow" from one of the orbs I got. I don't see much of an effect on the creatures I hit. Is there some formula that the game uses, to decide when a creature really is stunned and will lose its next turn? Does it depend on the creature? Thanks
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
Slow... It's been a little while since I played it, but I don't think there's a slow enchantment for GF3...

Anyway, enchantments only have small effects on items. They can't turn a sword into a super-weapon, they just provide an item with a little extra edge.

Also, my experience with stunning blades is that they have a chance to stun the target. The stunning isn't a guaranteed effect.

[ Tuesday, October 17, 2006 12:43: Message edited by: Ghouloca ]

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #2
I think one of the enhancement effects does slow enemies, but it's not one of the better ones imho. As Nioca says the effects are only slight. The effects of e.g. steel spine are more noticeable.

Edit; sorry, sorry, got that name wrong again.

[ Tuesday, October 17, 2006 13:35: Message edited by: Archimandrite Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 7109
Profile #3
The orb description said something about slowing enemies, but it is more of a stun effect I believe.
Thanks for the replies!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #4
I wrote up some topics on enhancements, most easily accessed by searching for "Strategy Central" in this forum.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #5
The best way to slow your enemies is to go for the Achilles tendon. Keep in mind this stratagy will not work against vlish!

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
Delicious Vlsih's advice is still good that the best way to deal with your enemies is daze (or strong daze later on in the game). This is the single best spell for dealing with most problems. When it doesn't work then you need to use a stronger arguement to permanently remove them.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #7
And keep a pair or so of Vlish handy. Very little can stand up for long against a pack of determined Vlish. Can't move, can't act, can't attack, can't hurt you or threaten you. Vlish are the supremely powerful creation. And this has been well established. In G3, they are grossly overpowered.

And the heel remark... :P

More than Daze, Terror and Dominate are staples in my arsenal.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.