puresteel items

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: puresteel items
Warrior
Member # 5731
Profile #0
Ok, so I've finished the game once now (except for some problems underneath the monastery) and I think I've found most of the goodies (at least, those you can get following the more-or-less loyal shaper storyline-- dunno if there's different stuff for the rebels).

So my question is this:
What's so great about puresteel?
Sure, you get a nice base item, but for every puresteel piece of armor out there, there're at least 2 better items that can be made or found. Anyone else feel that wandering around looking for puresteel to be made into a nice item was a waste of time?
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #1
I always just tried to collect a complete suit of puresteel and lay it out in a suitably imposing trophy hall. In G2 the Pit of the Bound served well.

I thought about putting it all on a strong Guardian and seeing whether it made him invincible, but never tried.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Warrior
Member # 1412
Profile #2
Yep -- after completing Phasia's Quest, I found only one other ring of puresteel. Better base protection or even a 13-52 damage sword just doesn't make up for the benefits of enchanted gear.

Just for fun, I mixed and matched my equipment a little while back to come up with a set that gave me an armor rating of 102%. Didn't make much of a difference against the spawned rotgoroths/cryodrayks/Ur-Glaahks in the lower Monastery (gotta love how spawned creatures give 0 xp now! :mad: ). I still got hurt, though a little bit less. :P

[ Tuesday, April 19, 2005 12:27: Message edited by: Mav ]
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #3
Well, there is one truly great puresteel item to be found in the game, the Puresteel Soulblade, but you get to it so late in the game that it's pretty much useless.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Warrior
Member # 5731
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by This Glass Is Half Stugie:

...the Puresteel Soulblade, but you get to it so late in the game that it's pretty much useless.
Hmmm, I think I missed this one. What's it do/ where's it found?
Apprentice
Member # 5652
Profile #5
puresteel is much more prevalent in GF2.

I think that you could get a full suit of puresteel armour in GF2, but i never tried to, because the magical stat boosting items were much more lucrative.There were also many puresteel rings, I think for one quest you had to find four of them.

--------------------
"Many minds make quick work of uncertainty"
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #6
The Puresteel Soulblade is in the Monastery Caves. If you can get it, you don't need it. But it's sort of nice to be able to get hold of one of those things without having to give any of, uh, your soul -- as you did in G2.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #7
As far as I can tell, the % in the ratings for armor, etc. is not particularly relevant. It may be that effects max out at 100%, but 100% armor certainly doesn't reduce damage, or chance to be hit, by 100%.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00