Magic

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Magic
Apprentice
Member # 5916
Profile #0
In Geneforge 2, is there any point in having more than one level of the blessing spells? The manual and the walkthrough don't imply any greater benefit to having higher spell strength in them.

Are the other games the same?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
It makes the spells more potent, but other than that, it has no effect.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

It makes the spells more potent, but other than that, it has no effect.
Umm... THAT is the effect Vespucci asked about.

I imagine that the spells last longer, and are possibly stronger, for example blessing might give +4 to hit at level one, and +6 at level two.

All this is based on theory though. I haven't extensively tested this out. Slarty may have though...

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #3
For some statuses, higher levels equal greater strength. In most cases, such as blessing, protection, and so forth, it just increases life-span.

EDIT: Sometimes typos come in twos.

[ Wednesday, September 27, 2006 08:41: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

For some statuses, higher levels equal greater strength. In most cases, such as blessing, protection, and so forth, it just increase life-span
Which is basically what I said.

Sometimes you have to read your post long and hard, and think about whether or not it adds anything new, or relevant, or interesting. If it dosen't, you probably shouldn't click the "Add Reply" button.

--------------------
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #5
How in the world does this:
quote:
I imagine that the spells last longer, and are possibly stronger, for example blessing might give +4 to hit at level one, and +6 at level two.
translate into:
quote:
For some statuses, higher levels equal greater strength. In most cases, such as blessing, protection, and so forth, it just increase life-span
I do read my posts and ask myself whether or not I should post it. If I did, then I felt I had something to contribute.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #6
Okay, lets split hairs.

Me:

quote:
You:

quote:

--------------------
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #7
Nioca: They're just very similar answers to a question that doesn't need a whole lot of explaining.

Nikki: while it's annoying to answer a question, only to have someone else answer it too, it's not worth starting a disagreement over. Sometimes, the rephrasement can be helpful to the person who asked the question. And if it's not, it doesn't take too much time to read it, anyway.

Back on topic--having a higher level of a spell does do something (Dikiyoba doesn't think Dikiyoba should mention what it does, lest Dikiyoba be assassinated for it), but it doesn't necessarily do enough to make getting it at a higher level your top priority.

[ Wednesday, September 27, 2006 08:55: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #8
Gah. Of course, of course.

I'm sorry. I'm tired, which isn't an excuse, I know, and just a little irked at other stuff.

--------------------
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #9
My apologies. I, too, got a little... snippish... :o

--------------------