Slowly It Runneth

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Slowly It Runneth
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #0
I have recently upgraded to Mac OS 10.4.7 (Hold your applause), and Geneforge 3 is running so slowly that it is pointless to play it any more. G1 is fine, G2 is fine. However, unless I find a way to get G3 to run faster, I am stuck without it until I purchase a more powerful laptop. Suggestions, anyone?

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
Try reloading GF3 to see if you have a corrupt file. I've had a few cases where the graphics files for the characters did funny things when there was an overlap as they moved around.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #2
Try shutting down unneeded background programs. If I have anything running while playing Geneforge (or BoA, for that matter), it bogs down to the point of being unplayable. Other than that, I couldn't tell you, as I own a PC.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #3
Rosetta runs the Geneforges very slowly. Hopefully GF4 will also have a Universal version.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #4
Sorry, corrupt files were the first thing on my mind when this happened after the upgrade. Also, I had previously used a utility called Activity Monitor to shut down all un-needed processes. Oh, and my laptop is a G3 iBook, somewhere between 6-8 years old.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.