Best Character For GF1

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Best Character For GF1
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #0
I'm pretty confused with the skills, because the cost don't goes up. So, for the first time, I have doubt: Guardian or Agent?

My vote, anyway, goes at Guardian because, as Dikiyoba suggested, is the character that I always used.
And because I want to finish all GFs with Guardian.

Oh well, very probably I'll choice Guardian, but anyway I want to know what is the best character for GF1.

PS: I haven't included the Shaper because I would never choose it. I want to fight, I don't want that someone fight for me. :)

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 23 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=wkwDcBsGZvgk"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=wkwDcBsGZvgk"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
In G1, there are also less spells, so the Agent doesn't have nearly as many to rely on. Besides, you are used to playing as a Guardian, so you will be more comfortable playing as a Guardian.

Dikiyoba.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #2
As has been observed a kazillion times, the answer may be very different depending on difficulty settings.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #3
Tricky.

--------------------

His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #4
The spectres are going to pWn yoo.

No really, on anything past normal, spectres are just mean... Develop a ranged strategy and NEVER stop moving. Run away and leave the zone if you have to in combat mode. If they hit you even once, you are pretty much dead.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
For torment I still prefer agent for the multiple attacks of essence orbs. I did try guardian for the first dozen zones and could see playing it out as a missle guardian. Maybe when I finish GF3.
Shock Trooper
Member # 2599
Profile #6
I finished GF1 with all 3 types on torment.

A Melee Guardian on torment is doable, especially since you can find some help for magic skills really early on. I recall playing my Guardian with the Agent cloak. Getting that 100 energy for haste is a real turning point, because what a Melee Guardian needs most of all is action points.

In some cases with tough melee enemies, the best melee strategy is strike, then back up 7 AP. The enemies run to melee range, but don't have enough AP left to strike.

I think agent was the easiest character at the end, because greater daze was just broken. It never failed, even on the strongest of enemies. So as long as your energy/essence held out, you could attack, daze, attack, daze, etc., and the enemy never gets a chance to hit at all.
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #7
In G1, there are also less spells, so the Agent doesn't have nearly as many to rely on. Besides, you are used to playing as a Guardian, so you will be more comfortable playing as a Guardian.....

From Dikiyoba

But when a agent use magic, it is very effective cos magic consumes spell energy, and since it consume verry little(Most magic are) and it recover over time. and when you use guardian, you are likely to get hurt, even if you use missle attack you will eventally run out of batons or javalines

--------------------
This apple? no. That apple? no. What about that orange? no. "What DO YOU WANT!!!!" 'Wink' "I want the apple you are eating."
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #8
Most spells cost essence, and that doesn't get regained over time. Health points can be regained with a healing pod or spell. And there are plenty of thorns and javelins available in the game.

Dikiyoba.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #9
Except that there area a kazillion essence pods lying around. ...actually, I don't remember if that was as true in G1. Was it? In G3, I've stopped myself from making any attempt at conserving them, because there are so frigging many.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #10
Well, essence pods are less prevalent than healing pods, anyway. I don't think there's a shortage of them, though.

(And it's not like it's difficult to replenish essence anyway. I just needed to point out that the Agent can't endlessly throw spells, with the exception of firebolt.)

Dikiyoba really needs to get a save file near the end of the game for G1 and G2 so that these questions are easier to answer.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #11
The real problem is that stockpiling enough missiles to compete with unlimited Agent magic + essence pods is doable, but it requires carrying a lot of weight.

See my rants about encumbrance in every other thread :P

--------------------
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #12
I remeber a lot of Essence Pods in GF2 and A LOT of Essence Pods in GF3.

EDIT: I checked, it seems that there are more in GF3. But not many more than GF2.

I may be wrong, though.

[ Friday, June 16, 2006 11:35: Message edited by: MagmaDragoon ]

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #13
I finished GF1 with over a dozen essence pods for my agent in torment. The trick is to know when to use swarm crystals instead of essence orbs to save essence in combat. I have left an area when I'm low on essence before clearing it to save pods. Once you get to the mines just produce swarm crystals instead of wands or a shaper sword.