Shopping Problem

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Shopping Problem
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #0
Hello everyone! I have a really annoying problem: I joined the Awanaked and I have reduced, by selling a lot of useless things, to 0 all shop's money! Now I cannot sell other things (I'm clearing the Taker lands now, and I found a lot of Iron Breastplates!)...

For solve the problem, I'm buying all useful things in the shops (like potions, thorns, javelins...) for give them some golds, but then I sell other things, so the money will return to zero again! When this will happen, what I will have to do? I don't think there are many shops left in Takers' lands...

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #1
This is an unfortunate feature of GF2. The shops do run out of money, and you buying things from them won't give them more cash. Aside from altering the scripts to make a pillar or other such location to give you cash (or using one of the trainers) there is no way to get anymore money.

Just go to every town and sell your things until they all run out of money. Since training is expensive it might be wise to buy two levels of whatever skill from the trainers before using canisters and book. Also, being selective as far as what training to buy will help.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #2
Don't forget about the shops in Obeyer lands (in addition to the ones in drypeak, there are a couple farmers in nearby areas, whom you can trade with).

If you don't care which sect you support (or if you plan on joining takers later), you can quit Awakened to be able to use Barzite shops. Aside from that, your only option is to avoid angering Takers until you empty all shops in their lands.

If you play as unallied, you can use all shops in the game and most of them will still run out of gold, so joining awakened early wasn't very good for maximizing your item-selling potential.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #3
Do be sure to sell gemstones and emeralds only to the Fort Muck dude. He rips you off, but he never runs out of money.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #4
[DOUBLE POSTING INSTEAD EDITING]

My Apologizes.

[ Saturday, May 13, 2006 04:07: Message edited by: MagmaDragoon ]

--------------------

Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Miya:

Just go to every town and sell your things until they all run out of money. Since training is expensive it might be wise to buy two levels of whatever skill from the trainers before using canisters and book.
Is what I did, but all avaiable shops are out of money now. :(

quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

Don't forget about the shops in Obeyer lands (in addition to the ones in drypeak, there are a couple farmers in nearby areas, whom you can trade with).
If you don't care which sect you support (or if you plan on joining takers later), you can quit Awakened to be able to use Barzite shops. Aside from that, your only option is to avoid angering Takers until you empty all shops in their lands.
If you play as unallied, you can use all shops in the game and most of them will still run out of gold, so joining awakened early wasn't very good for maximizing your item-selling potential.

Rising, Taker cities and Drypeak are all empty, I killed Zackary and Barzhal with all their followers; the Takers simply hate me :rolleyes: . I'm with the Awakened, and I don't want to betray them. :cool:

Zeviz: What are "Obeyer Lands"? You mean the Loyalist?

--------------------

The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #6
Well, then I would say that your problems are self-inflicted.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #7
But I makes all the shops have zero money first! ;)

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #8
You're down to selling to special characters (that only take gems, iron etc). If you really depleted all the shops of coins, that's just how it is. Can't imagine why you'd even need more money, though ... even trainers can't cost that much.

Don't worry. All GF3 traders have bottomless pockets.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Warrior
Member # 7067
Profile #9
quote:
Does this mean all their money falls out of their pockets?
MagmaDragoon I guess you'll be even poorer in geneforge 3. :P

--------------------
"I knocked him out, but I managed to hit the reply button before he fell down."-The person behind him.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by MagmaDragoon:

Zeviz: What are "Obeyer Lands"? You mean the Loyalist?

Yes, the lands near the start. There is a farmer in one of the areas who asks you to find his lost servile.

After checking the Shrodinger's faq, I see that the farmer I was thinking about is in The Craigs area and his servile is in the Crystal Caverns.

[ Saturday, May 13, 2006 20:31: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #11
And that's the reason why I always wait before joining a sect. For example, as soon as I started playing GF2 I knew I would joined the Awanaked, but I didn't actually join until later, much later. After I sold everything I needed from the other sects, since I knew that they would run out of cash, and I def didn't start killing people until the very end. By the time all shops ran out of money I had a good deal of my own and didn't care much for it.
I would say that you could always cheat and get out of being an Awanaked, sell all your stuff and then join again, but that's up to you.

Btw
quote:
Originally written by Miya:

you buying things from them won't give them more cash.
I haven't played GF2 in a while, but I thought that you buying things from them did give them money. Not much, since they rob you, but some.

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #12
It has been a while, so I'll try it again.

Edit: Well, I'll be, they rip you off pretty bad but they do gain money when you sell to them. Wonder was I was thinking of.

[ Monday, May 15, 2006 08:41: Message edited by: Miya ]
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Leena:

I haven't played GF2 in a while, but I thought that you buying things from them did give them money. Not much, since they rob you, but some.

The prices shopkeepers charge you depend on whether you are a member of their sect or an enemy sect. Even if you are unalligned, some prices depend on your pro-servile/pro-shaper reputation. However, the best prices are usually given only to sect members.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #14
That referred to selling your items to the shop owners. In which case it doesn't matter who you sell them to, they all pay the same low rates.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Major:

quote:
Does this mean all their money falls out of their pockets?
MagmaDragoon I guess you'll be even poorer in geneforge 3. :P

No, I think I'm the richer abitant of Ashen Isles. :P

quote:
Originally written by Nick Ringer:

Can't imagine why you'd even need more money, though ... even trainers can't cost that much.

I'm very greed, like a Drakon. :D

------

Anyway, I finished GF2, so the problem is non longer a problem. ;)

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 7002
Profile #16
Most Drakons aren't greedy for anything other than power, with the notable exception of Orios Blaze. If you expand it to Drayks, there's also that weird, old, Drayk, who lived near Darian, who would trade you canisters and equiqment, in exchange for part of your life force.

--------------------
Polaris
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #17
quote:
Originally written by Nick Ringer:

Can't imagine why you'd even need more money, though ... even trainers can't cost that much.

High-level creation and spell training is actually very expensive. It's very easy to run out of money well before receiving most of the training if you don’t plan ahead.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #18
But I'm too smart for them; I never plan ahead!

I think that Drayk you're talking about is Rhakkus, or Akkat. One of the GF2 leaders. Does anyone know for sure?

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #19
Originally by Nick Ringer:

quote:
I think that Drayk you're talking about is Rhakkus, or Akkat. One of the GF2 leaders. Does anyone know for sure?
It's Syros, actually.

Dikiyoba.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #20
... that was your 1234 th post.

Was Syros the one who became Easss? Or was Easss always named as such?

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #21
Syros is the leader of the Takers in Geneforge 2. (The leader in the sense that he is the one you go to join the Takers.)

Originally by Nick Ringer:

quote:
... that was your 1234 th post.
Bah! I am above such things as interesting post counts.

And if you believe that, Dikiyoba has Northbridge to sell you. It's a little old and it still a few mines on it, but it's still a great deal. Only 3000 gold.