What's Wrong With My Dialogue?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: What's Wrong With My Dialogue?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #0
Questions of this type have probably been asked hundreds of times before, but here goes:

begintalkscript;

variables;

begintalknode 1;
state = -1;
condition = 1;
nextstate = 1;
question="Mister Spoiler";
personality = 3;
action = INTRO;
text1 = "The man looks up.";
text2 = "_Hi._";
text5 = "Hey again.";
The creature who this node should be attached to has personality #3. The above code is inside the proper filename ({town}dlg.txt).

However, upon entering the scenario, I find that the creature "seems not to want to talk" - apparently, this node can't be found.

What am I missing here?

Edit: [/code], not [/condition]. So in a way, I found the problem: I'm tired as hell. But what the concrete issue is, I haven't found out.

[ Wednesday, April 04, 2007 14:36: Message edited by: Dr. Johann Georg Faust ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
You have to set the creature's third memory cell to whatever talk node their conversation starts with. So in this case, memory cell 3 should be 1.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

You have to set the creature's third memory cell to whatever talk node their conversation starts with. So in this case, memory cell 3 should be 1.

Dikiyoba.

Ouch. I knew I was missing something regarding the creature::node assignment, since the manual said the "personality" attribute was cosmetic.

In other news, I'm extremely glad Jeff did not create PHP.

But this also solves my problem of needing two entry points for this guy, depending on an SDF. I'll just change the memory cell value.

Wait... that's possible, right?

[ Wednesday, April 04, 2007 14:40: Message edited by: Dr. Johann Georg Faust ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #3
Yes. You can use this from a town script: set_creature_memory_cell(short which_char_or_group,short which_cell,short new_value);and this from inside a creature script set_memory_cell(short which_cell,short new_value);

[ Wednesday, April 04, 2007 15:01: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #4
The docs say that personality is purely cosmetic, but actually it does serve a purpose. In windows BoA (my version at least) intro texts depend on the character's personality. So every character who uses an intro needs to have it's own personality (even different towns can't have the same one.) Apparently this isn't an issue on Macs, but you still should set personalitys so that windows players don't have this problem (Or at least so I don't have this problem. :D )

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #5
Aran is working on a scenario?!?!!!

:D

My interest has been peaked.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #6
Then head on over to Shadow Vale and find out more about it!

(Or, if you're too lazy to look for it, just click here.)

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by The Gators Win it All....... Again:

The docs say that personality is purely cosmetic, but actually it does serve a purpose. In windows BoA (my version at least) intro texts depend on the character's personality. So every character who uses an intro needs to have it's own personality (even different towns can't have the same one.) Apparently this isn't an issue on Macs, but you still should set personalitys so that windows players don't have this problem (Or at least so I don't have this problem. :D )
Well, it's still an issue with Macs. But I'm pretty sure that you mean the personality set via the editor. The personality spot in the dialog script itself means nothing.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #8
Yes, I did. I hadn't known about it until I realised that all the intros in FB were screwed up. I'd set them in Dilecia, but I don't know why I'd bothered since I thought they had no purpose.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?